Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what mirror would you guys reccomend?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87sm465np208, Oct 19, 2002.

1. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

what side view mirrors would you guys reccomend?, and where would you reccomend getting them? thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

my stock ones are nice.

3. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

my 91' has cool power mirrors!!!! get them at the dealer or the wrecking yard!!!.................CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

I like the west coast mirrors for the big rig styling. But they must be removeable.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i agree those mirrors look awesome on a truck, speacially a lifted truck! just watch out from hitting things lol..also the stock mirrors of the 73-80 trucks i think look nice to..

6. 87sm465np208

yea i got stuck with those small like 3x5 mirrors from chevy, when the guy orderd he ordered the truck with those mirrors, and i REALLY want somthing bigger, i was thinking either the below eyeline style (6x9-stock chevy) or the tripod style (small tripod not ambulance style) i like those too, i dont know how to approach this i just want a bigger mirror that dosnt cost an arm and a leg, i was thinking of going to the junk yard and pickin up some dirt cheap, because they dont have to look that great since i dont care about looks, as long as thier not cracked or spotted.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea try to find some desent chrome ones or stainless steel ones..you should be able to pick them up easily enough...i would sell you the ones of my junk blazer but my dad took them for his 79..

8. 87sm465np208

lol yea man, id probly buy em too, but god dam man, that take a while to drive up there to NY, and id probly be temted to wheel' with you once i get there and id probl brake somthing, i think im going to get some mirrors tomarow from walmart or farm and fleet tomarow, im either gunna get the chrome 6x9's or the tripod style, but i think the 6x9's would cover up the rust in that area and the existing 2 holes in the door from the gay 3x5 mirrors i have now, and i like the styeling and the size of the 6x9, and the fact that they fold in, well im gunna see what hapeens tomarow, and ill tell ya'll what happens.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I had some old style "west coast" towing mirrors (the giant rectangular kind) until I ripped them off squeezing down ATV trails. I liked them because you could actually see what was behind you and they could be folded up against the door.

Will

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea those mirrors are really cool..but i dont think they would match a blazer to well ...but a truck yea.

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i would ship them to you though...and besides there arent sh!t places to wheel around here nothing but flat ass farm land everywear lol... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

12. 87sm465np208

flat ass farm land you say to wheel', shoot, if we had somplace that was legal to wheel' id jump on it in ahart beat, even if it was a 20'x20' piece of proporty, id do it, around here all we have is a dieing piece of land that gets blocked off worse and worse every time we go there, it sucks real bad because it is fun to go there, my friend says there is a dirt wall that they built, it sucks. but we can still get in there /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif, me and my good friend are like a ying yang, we work very well with each other and point out each others flaws, and works stuff out. any way im probly gunna get the stock style mirrors today if i feel inclinded to do so when we go to the store. thanks everyone for your input.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. 87sm465np208

well i got my mirrors today, they rule, i got em at walmart because that is where i went to get them, they rule, they are the 6x9's, i just put spot mirrors on them tonight, now i can see everything to my left and right.