Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What Modifications Are Needed For A 10 To 12 Inch Lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4wheelin4Jesus, Jun 8, 2005.

1. 4wheelin4Jesus

4wheelin4Jesus 1/2 ton status

I have a six inch lift on my 78 blazer right now. I modified the steering arm/shocks/brakelines, and droped my transfercase to complete this mod (i may be missing something else). I am considering going to a 10 to 12 inch suspension lift. I was wondering if you all who have already done this could tell me what I am going to have to do to make this high of a lift work? I just wanted to be prepared.
    thanks,

O, ive got lots of stuff 4 sale private message me, and i will let you know.

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Hmmm... Even longer brake lines. Longer driveshafts. Try to Go CV. That made a world of difference when I had my Blazer lifted 6 inches. Might need longer parking brake cable as well. More steering correction. And with the bigger tires I would do some brake upgrades, gears, and more motor.
    :cool1:

3. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

You will need bigger axles,lower gears,crossover steering, HAD driveshafts,BBC motor, th400 & 205 tc,bigger tires, ladder to climb in truck to work on it, etc. :haha:
    Been there, done that to a 91 blazer and now to my 90 burb :thumb:

4. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

You definately will want crossover steering. I had a 12" lift under my '81 K10 and the standard superlift steering correction, and the steering was so sloppy it was practically useless. I'm putting 52's up front and 56's out back and ditching the 12" lift for a more practical trail suspension. The 10-12" suspensions are really only practical for mud-running.