Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What mods must be done to my truck...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by yunit, Jun 22, 2001.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

What mods must be done to my truck for a 6" lift to work properly? My truck is an 87 Jimmy Sierra Classic, front quad shock setup, 700r4/208 combo. I am thinking of doing 6" springs up front, shackle flip in the rear with revolver shackles and maybe a 3" spring in the back. Within the next 2 months I plan on installing a D60/14B setup and will have drive shafts made up to go with the new axles. Well let me know what you guys think, I am getting very antsy about this and need to come up with a definite plan soon. Thanks, Pete.

1987 Jimmy Sierra Classic, Palisades Park, NJ 07650

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What is going to be the primary duties of this vehicle? Is it going to be strictly a pavement pounder, strictly trail, 50/50, 60/40, 90/10, etc.? This will help us decide what you will "need".

If you didn't built it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

This will be a 50/50 truck, I will need it to be highway friendly. During the winter I do alot of highway driving to a winter house that I rent, which is about 130 miles away. I want to make it as offroad as I possibly can.

1987 Jimmy Sierra Classic, Palisades Park, NJ 07650

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Well I just put a 6" lift on my 87 Blazer...
    If you are gonna get a d60 or even if not get a 4" w/ shakle flip for the rear... it should be level. The d60 perches are a bit hight if I reacall correctly and you can add an ORD zero rate spacer to the rear if it isn't even.

But go 4" spring and flip, 8" front spring, drop pitman arm, 4-6" raised steering arm, Longer rear d-shaft by about 2", probably go w/ the superlift 1" spacer for the front shaft, ORD disconnect/correction kit for the sway bar... steering box brace from ORD, Longer brakes lines... uhh... think that is about everything in a nut shelll... someone add to it if I'm wrong... feel free to pm me for pics or any questions w/ your lift

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>