Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what music do you guys like wheeling to

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1985K20, Mar 20, 2005.

1. 1985K20

1985K20 1/2 ton status

Myself its good ol country music,like jerry reed,buck owens, george jones...but NEVER with BEER cause i always end up stock somewhere thinking i was in a Burt Reynolds movie:doah:

2. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3. blacksheep10

blacksheep10 Registered Member

flowmasters

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My 540" Bigblock or David Allan Coe.....................................:D

5. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

usually the motor but if im gonna jam some tunes its texas country all the way: Roger Creager, Kevin Fowler, Robert Earl Keen, stuff like that

6. 1985K20

1985K20 1/2 ton status

i wish i coul listen to a big block too but when the gas is near 4 bucks a gallon...you stick with the small blocks:D

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If I do ever have the stereo on its country and rock . For some reason I don't listen to the stereo wheeling much , although by the lake its usaully on low if I do , and then its Hank Jr and Chris LeDoux etc .

I prefer to pay attention and listen for noises most of the wheeling I do , and its stop and get out every obstacle anyway to watch , so why bother :D

8. ilikeitloud

ilikeitloud 1/2 ton status

9. jrpeebles

jrpeebles Registered Member

Who can hear over their motor?

10. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

nothing, i've tried a couple times to keep passengers happy,but i always turn it off after a couple minutes. i like to be intune with the truck,and listen for potential problems. music just makes ya feel detached .

11. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

METAL!!! metallica or 3 inches of blood

but then again with flowmaster super40s you cant hear much!!!

12. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

when doing the "tricky" wheeling its only the sweet sound of the flomaster super40 and the lumpy cam...but when i'm plowing through the snow at 60mph its dying fetus or living sacrifice. something about good heavy, fast death metal and flyign through the snow at high rates of speed..oh yes!:D ..oh and before you get worried i don't do this on the roads..i do it in the middle of an open field, or when i'm in front plowing up the side of the hill...i never put anyone's life in danger but my own..lol
    oh and even tho everyone makes fun of my studs...i must admidt having sipped and studed mudders kick booty..my k-5 is unstopable in the snow and ice...so far lol:D my grandmother lives in reno and i go over donner pass all the time, usually at night, and the studs are a major improvement!! the rear end doesn't slip out from under me anymore..

13. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I prefer country the most...

I might be a "damm yankee"--but I love country music and bluegrass the best!--I liked all the metal bands from the 60's,70's,80's too,like Black Sabbath,Ozzy,Areosmith,Boston,Kansas,Foriener,AC/DC,Van Halen,Doors,Deep Purple,etc--I still listen occaisionally to "classic rock" stations--But since I got back into country music(I listenned to all the "legends" as a kid,like Johnny Cash,Merle Haggard,Jones,Paycheck and all the other greats)--

I love the fact the country and blugrass artists allow fans to meet them after shows,have fan club parties,and message boards they actually post on,and really care for their fans!--I can testify to this--Rhonda Vincent,the reigning queen of bluegrass 5 years in a row,actually GAVE me a CAR saturday night at her concert!!--she had heard I was down on my luck,and she knew I had a hard time getting the money to go see her shows,and my many vehicular problems en route to her shows--I am still in shock!--but I'm not suprised--many stars do things like this all the time,but nobody hears about it--they dont do it just for publicity..

One of my friends had an 11 year old son,he was diagnosed with leukemia--the Make A Wish foundation got in touch with the little boys favorite singer Billy Ray Cyrus--he sent a conversion van right to his door,with a nurse and a driver,and had them brought to Toronto ,( at NO expense to the parents!)where he was filming the show "Doc" --and spent a whole day with the boy and his parents singing his songs,and touring the film studio!..The poor kid died a few weeks later,but the smile never left his face the whole time,all he talked about was his trip to see Billy Ray Cyrus...Thats why I LOVE country music!--

As for what I listen too while driving??--I tend to leave the radio off most of the time,its repetitive play of the same songs and artists drive me nuts,not to mention the commercials--I shut it off if traffic and weather and road conditions are bad,I like to concentrate on my driving..one truck has NO radio at all!-(another has an AM/FM 8 track!)-I mostly listen to traffic reports or talk radio in the trucks,or my bluegrass and "old country" tapes...I'm not that fond of the "new" country stuff,except for a few female artists--I've met Kathy Mattea and Suzy Boggus about 30 times,and Holly Dunn too,and many others a few times..I think its cool that they are "real" people,that care about the people who buy their cd's and concert tickets--your not just a cash cow...:crazy:

14. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i've been hi-jacked.LOL:D