Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What needs fixin now?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Capman2k, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Often, but not all the time, I have to play with the turner thing to turn it on (ya know, where the key goes). What I mean is, I have to slowly push it in, pull it out, turn, twist, and nearly resort to nuclear warfare to turn my truck on. It's not a major problem, just a major inconvenience.

Is this some kind of anti-theft system, or is something broken???

79 K5 Blazer Cheyenne.... That's all I have to say about that.

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I would guess that you are due for the old GM ignition overhaul - a new rack/sector kit (around $14 at the dealer), and a new lock cylinder (anywhere from $10-$30, depending on where you go) If you've never gone into the column before, you can expect to spend the better part of a day changing this stuff out.

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I found it easiest to just replace the whol steering column. I paid $20.00 for the column and it didnt take me long at all to replace it.

Eddie Schmied 1985 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4. I am a member of the lost indian tribe WhereTheFuckAreWe