Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What needs to be done after BDS 6" lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Commocozy, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

What needs to be done after BDS 6\" lift

OK so let's say i pick up this 79 jimmy i am looking at, what will need to be done after i do a 6" BDS.

Will i need new driveshafts? I am just trying to buget what will need to be done extra so i can plan on the costs.

who knows what i will be driving in a few weeks.
    Right now i have a 98 Explorer with 6" lift and 33's.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Commocozy on 11/26/01 05:16 PM.</FONT></P>

2. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

Re: What needs to be done after BDS 6\" lift

drive lines lengthened and a kidney belt [​IMG]. Check out the lift spring info in the tech section before you go procomp.

<font color=red> Elkboy </font color=red> 82 K5 fuel injected H.O.305, TH350/205, 14bolt/10bolt and 39.5 TSL's.

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Re: What needs to be done after BDS 6

I have a 6" BDS lift and it is great. Each truck is a bit different in the driveline game... so play ity by year. It varies w/ t-case, whether you drop it or not, and what rear end you have. Other then driveline mods here is what I did w/ my lift... also you will want to get a ORD steering box brace if you haven't got one....

ORD Sway Bars Disconects/correction
    Pro Comp ext. Brakes line $90
    Raised Steering Arm $50
    Skyjacker drop pitman Arm $80
    Trailmaster dual sterring stabilizer $125

I also changed gears with my lift. Another thought is if you go a shackle flip in the rear and/or have a slipe yoke t-case, rear driveline vibes seem to be tough to shake without a CV shaft. I got on from Tom Wood's driveshaft for $325, but I would recomend Jess @ high angle driveline for fixed yoke cases.
    If you have any more question feel free to ask.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

4. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

Re: What needs to be done after BDS 6

CpntCrunch-

the truck comes with an NP203.

Can you give me some more info on that Xcase drop? Will this effect anything. I am going to drive this on the street rairly, but it will be driven back and forth from the trails. So i want to try to kill all vides.

who knows what i will be driving in a few weeks.
    Right now i have a 98 Explorer with 6" lift and 33's.