Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What next should i do with my truck and some mud pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 53chevy, Feb 7, 2006.

1. 53chevy

53chevy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey guys what should i do next to my truck? Plus heres my car domain site http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2211563/1
    I'm just trying to get ideas for the next phase to my truck build up.
    Thanks
    P.S. On page 3 some nice mud, if you live near pittsburgh, come down and i'll show you around.

2. rwright07

rwright07 1/2 ton status

***hijack***

u live in pittsburg huh?
    well i live in seattle and im wondering how u all feel out there about the refs givin u guys a hand?
    it was really slick of the NFL to have at least 2 refs from Pitt. (research ive done.. look urself if u dont believe me) to officiate the SUPERBOWL...

***hijack***
    sorry bout the rant...
    PS nice pics btw... im jsut wonderin if u rub at all w/ the settup u got?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

did the 3500 notation even exist in 84? i didn't think that changed till a few years later.

4. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

I wont comment on the sore looser, hope noboday else does either... I would relocate those lights. Under the bumper is a great place to rip 'em off or submerge them in mud or water. Maybe a push bumper or a light bar. At least on top of the bumper. Anyone step n break the window on your rear door/step? Also my eyes hurt after looking at page 2. Maybe some auxillary back up lights. And build a 383 or drop in a big block stat!!:waytogo:

5. 53chevy

Yea those lights in from are going to get flipped and yes i have stepped on the windows getting out once and i was lucky it didn't break. Also i have a 472 to drop in soon, just trying to get time and work out some of the details. Withmy set up i haven't had any rub YET but i am thinking of cutting the fenders( dose anyone know any measurements for the cuts) Thanks for the comments , more are welcome

6. colbystephens

using the search function try "fender trimming" and you'll get way more than you ever wanted. ;)

7. colbystephens

so i thought of something i think would be a good mod for your truck. your rear bumper seems rather enormous - if you were to reduce its size you'd greatly increase your departure angle. if you do towing and need a lower hitch, get one of those tongues which drops down, but still run your bumper higher. does that make any sense? i'm not really good at explaining it.

8. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i believe he probably using that huge drop bumper to make his truck closer to legal. i was thinkin bought one for mine, then said f*** them. dont like the looks.

nice truck man, nothin like a lifted crewcab

what size are those boggers? 39.5? 44s?

9. 53chevy

Well the reason I have the huge drop bumper is, when i take the 39.5 boggers off and put stockers on i have a bumper height of about 32ish inches and thats just enough to get stickers on the truck but i haven't had a problem with dep angles yet. I hope to be rolling on 47's soon. Dose anyone know any dates yet on them. I heard 3 months

10. 53chevy

Also I have learned, Don't take the parents Jeep out muddin when you have a truck built for the muddin, lol I learned the hard way

11. colbystephens

i see. well, then what you should do next to your truck is pack it full with all your stuff and move out west so it doesn't matter. :D

12. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

cool truck, but lose the kiddie lights underneath.