Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what next?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by spitfire, Feb 13, 2003.

1. spitfire

spitfire Registered Member

Stephen, I have bought and installed the following from you. 4"shackle flip, HD shackles up front, TC EZ-RIDES in the front, greasable bushings all around, and the weld in repair kit, and frame brace.
    My question to you is what next? My truck is street driven, and it needs to cruise the H-way at 75.
    Bye-the-way. Your products are BEEFY and kick arse!!!!!

-Kyle

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Is there anything wrong with it? You have a good baseline suspension, I'd look at overall vehicle reliability and beef (read axles, lockers, gears, etc), body protection, winch, etc. Do you have disconnects for the swaybar? That's a biggie. Maybe tune in the steering correction if you haven't already.
    Your next few hundred dollars may be best spent buying gas to use the truck.

Really from where you are now, all this will do very little to change the highway manners but will transform it into a nice trail vehicle.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Is there anything wrong with it? You have a good baseline suspension, I'd look at overall vehicle reliability and beef (read axles, lockers, gears, etc), body protection, winch, etc. Do you have disconnects for the swaybar? That's a biggie. Maybe tune in the steering correction if you haven't already.
    Your next few hundred dollars may be best spent buying gas to use the truck.

Really from where you are now, all this will do very little to change the highway manners but will transform it into a nice trail vehicle.

Thanks for the atta boy!