Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What nobody else has this problem? Front passenger side body droop.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Jul 26, 2003.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Hi my name is Michael and I have front passenger side droop. About 2.5"s. 1" due to my core support. The other 1.5"s due to my leaf pack on pass side is flating out. Why only the pass side and not both equally you ask? Good question, I think it has something to do with my drop pitman arm being on the driver side causing the drive side to see less flex. Truely out of all honesty I dont know why, but it really hurts my feelings to see it lean so much to one side. Solution you ask? Well I've put some serious thought into it and the best idea that I can come up with is as follows. Run 38psi in the front pass side tire, run 22psi in the front driver side tire, run 22psi in the rear pass tire, and finally run 14psi in the rear driver side tire. I think this would work out great in making the truck appear to set level. Yes some of you right now are wondering what kinda of uneven wear your tires will get. Well simple... just rotate them every 250 miles or so. Oh and do not I repeat do not forget to adjust the psi in each tire after rotating them, it kinda defeats the purpose.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Oh and one more thing... Who else has passenger side body droop?!? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

Re: Front passenger side body droop......roll call!!!!!!

hey you should go oval track racing...your tire pressures are close for turning left /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Wow, I never notice it before, but the left one does hang lower than the right! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

sweet! I always thought that I had tweaked my frame or something. I'm glad it's normal!... err w/e it is.

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow, I never notice it before, but the left one does hang lower than the right!

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Really... thats wierd my right one hangs lower... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif strange.... I think you might be a freak... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Does anyone else's left hang lower or is TruckNutzDude just a nut? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    sweet! I always thought that I had tweaked my frame or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah seriously for the longest time I did too. I 1st noticed it about 2 years ago and since then its got visually worse. Especially after I changed out my stock pitman arm for an aftermarket pitman made for a 6" lift. I've only got a 4" lift on the truck so I'm thinking this might be limiting the flex on the driver side. Doh

7. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Damn I figured more people had this problem then just a few.

8. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

My left one hangs 6" lower than the right, getting kind of hard to walk like that /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yep, I have the same problem!!! I'm curious as to know why myself, and what I can do to fix it. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif