Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What not to do to your vehicle and get stopped

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 70jimmy, Mar 23, 2007.

1. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    If you happen to be driving a lets say 79 GMC pickup it might not be a good idea to have all the vin #s removed, erased etc, but leave all the GMC markings all over the vehicle and then have it registered as a 73 Chevy pickup, while not having a required front license plate and get stopped by a po po who is into chevy's and GMC's and can tell the differences in the years. :wink1:

Hmm now where was the phone # for that tow truck???

All in all a good day:haha:

2. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

:eek1: :doah: Sounds like something that would happen to me. I got a 79 chevy vin if needed.:haha:

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Need a job??????????????:D

Well, I guess the only thing I can add is the vehicle from the thread I started, the one that decided that doing the burnout in front of me when I couldn't do anything was a mid-80's 1/2 2wd pickup, two tone blue/white with aftermarket exhaust.:D

4. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

my old black truck the PO bought from a sheriff auction in texas. Title showed 83 GMC. STarted doing body work and the body man asked me what year it was. Told him 83. He said its gotta be a 86 because of thestyle wiper cowl, headlight config, dimmer switch on column, and color paint used for the years. STarted looking and the vin info on the door had been all cut out and the vin in the dash still had the chunked off rivet but the bottom of the rivet was cut and held down on my truck with a nutsert deal. We guessed it was a theft that they tried to re-name the truck as a different rig.

5. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

That's my luck too.

I got pulled over for a no front lic plate(Harvick Only) / r.v. mirror by a kid in NYSTrooper training. It was kind of funny as I could see the other trainee in the ft. passenger seat and the Senior Off. w/ a clip board watching and grading this kid in a little S-10 Blazer. The wind was whippin' down Main St. and this kid does the whole text book "scoping out of the vehicle" crawl down the side of my truck and his hat just blows down the street 20-30'...:haha::haha::haha:...all I could think of was my gas cap cover was hanging loose and looking all white trashy.

I think at that level the idea is to get you over for what ever...and get a smell of ya'...he let me go and I got a good laugh.:laugh::laugh::laugh: