Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What not to put on a K5 tailgate!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rebelk5frk, Jan 27, 2003.

1. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

I found out the hard way that a K5 tailgate will NOT support a complete Ford 302 engine.

A buddy of mine asked for some help in putting a 302 in his ford ranger. The engine had been sitting on a stand in my garage for months as he finished building it and yesterday was the day to load it up and take it down to the shop to start swapping stuff. His motor was complete fro air cleaner to oil pan to include headers and accessories. The two of us managed to lift it on to the gate and as we set it down we heard a crunching sound.

I looked down to see my back window in a million little pieces held together with window tint just barely sticking out of the top of the gate. I guess my truck doesn't like fords anymore than I do. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Oh that sucks! but its still funny. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

Just one more reason to have a first generation Blazer, real tailgates, hehe.

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

That was just your truck getting sick from touching a F*rd product /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but that will teach you to put anything from a ford in a chevy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> An S10 tailgate has a hard time supporting on end of a D60 also. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color>

7. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Yeah it sucks but it's ok. The price of the replacement window will just be added to my friends "bill" for helping him out. So far he owes me about 8 tools that he broke and now a window on top of the cash that we had already agreed on.

It sort of works out though. I planned on replacing my window one day anyway because it was scratched up really bad from the rusty weather strip at the top of the gate. It just sucks driving to work in the mornings with no back glass as cold as it's been lately.

8. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

About 6 months ago my girlfriends mom parked behind my K20 when I had the 6" lift and 39.5" tsl's on it I went to back up with my tailgate down and put the corner off my tailgate through the back window off her minivan /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifFord windstar rear windows aren't cheap /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif