Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What part of "We can't bail Iraq right now even if we wanted to" don't they get?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Sep 22, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9442386/

Protestors (rallied around Cindy Sheehan) demanding we withdraw troops from Iraq, and they won't go away until all our troops are withdrawn.

What part about "chaos" do they not understand? Regardless of your position on the war, it's pretty clear right now that Iraq would become worse than Taliban-Afghanistan if we just exited, thanks seeya bye.

I suppose you could look at it as walking into a room and finding dog crap all over the place, when you know the next people coming into the room are toddlers. Do you throw your hands in the air and walk out saying you're not cleaning it up, knowing kids, maybe some of your kids, will be walking in into the room in a few minutes? Or do you sack up, clean the place up for the kids so it doesn't turn into one big mess of crap with all the kids covered in crap?

Would these people turn around and walk out of the room, or would they clean it up because they know they're the only ones who can do so before the kids come in?

(BTW, in my analogy, I'm talking about current Iraq, the right-now, not any other time).

How can so many people be so dumb?

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

People are f'n morons that don't have a clue. Too many dopesmoke products of the 60's.

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Because they can no longer think for themselves, and must rely on others (the media) to tell them what to think and how to feel.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Who knows why some people think the way do? I blame it on ignorance. There's a guy on this board somewhere that has a signature I really like, something about liberals, that kinda describes these people... :whistle:

5. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

What about our so called buddies in Saudi Arabia who breed more terrrorists than any other of those rag head countries!!! I hate seeing all the higher ups kiss there Muslim asses when they visit our base. If they are muslim they hate us....end of story.

When I was in Iraq, I talked with a local villager who was happy we were there to take Saddam out of power and actually thanked me and some of my fellow Airman.

Our original intent was to take WOMD out of Saddams hands that were never found, ya there country is F'd up but so is N Korea, China, and Iran. We don't need to send more American men and women over there to be killed for No real benefit to us as a country.

With that said, I love my country and will go over there again if called to.

In the 7 years in the military I have had to leave my family 3 times for these rag head Mother Fu!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  6. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Less than two years in and I've been to the sandbox twice :(

What's this "AEF" concept again? :doah:

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Because stupid isn't against the law, and it doesn't hurt. Most of these protesters have no clue, and put no thought into the cause they are supporting. If they would take five minutes to educate themselves on the subject, or for that matter, listen to someone with a point of view other than 'War is bad" I'd bet 50% of them would find something more constructive to do with their time. I did my part so others in the future would live in a better, safer world, and that is exactly what the "War on Terror" is trying to accomplish now, how f'ng hard is that to understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
    God bless all those willing to try and make this world a better place. Semper Fi and good day! :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag:
    John

8. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

The funny part? When with withdrawal on our normal timeplan....they'll say it is their victory and all because they "spoke out". :surepal: