Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What price should i ask?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Oct 10, 2002.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I think i an going to try and sell my axles. I have a stock set of 91 Axles with 30 spline front and rear. open, 3.42 ABS, and auto hubs. Great shape and no probles. I was thinking 400-500. is that a good price?

2. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

For someone using this site, that is probably a little high, because there is little to no demand for the 1/2 ton stuff around here. Everybody wants 1-ton or at least 3/4 ton.

I am currently trying to sell my axles and so far I have gotten alot of interest from guys looking to get their stock or junker truck up and running again, most of them it wouldn't fit. I have also had alot of interest from the lightweight wheeling crowd with rigs like Sammys and Sidekicks and IFS S-10's. This is an excellent price for these crowds because the junkyards, at least around here, want as much for the 1/2 ton stuff (or pretty close to) the same price people on here are getting and giving for 1-ton stuff.

BTW, be prepared for alot of calls about your axles for guys driving the 88 - 98 Chevy fullsizes. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Most I have talked to can't seem to wrap their brains around the fact the General left the K-5's and 1-tons straight axles until '92. I know the rear axles from a K-5 won't "work" with these year trucks as both the spring perches and WMS are different. If I was to re-run my ad, I wouldn't put a year in it. You'll probably get 100 calls from people who have no idea what you have and what you are selling because of the model year of your truck.

Sorry this was long winded, just wanted to share my pain. Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

What kind of axles you replacing those with? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

You shouldn't have a problem selling the front, the rear may be a different story. I am having a hard time giving my rear axle away. I think TulsaK5 has decided to take it off my hands.
    The front sold fairly quick.

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I am going to buy a 10 3/4 ton from Layne and get a 14 bolt for the rear. I ws thinking that the rear would easyer to sell if some one with ABS want to get a rear axle. if i could find some one that would trade me a 14 bolt that has some 8 lugs 15s i would do that. if i can not find any one that wants to do it i will just buy some spare parts and hold my breath.

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm looking for some 1/2 ton axles to install in place of 1 ton axles I want to keep out of the '82 K30.

But like Lance said, there's not a high demand for the 1/2 ton axles, so I don't want to pay very much for them. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I gave away my last 2 sets.