Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What rear seat fits first gen Blazer?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RICK212, Oct 8, 2008.

1. RICK212

RICK212 Registered Member

I want tp replace my stock front and rear seat in my '71 Blazer with a more comfortable and modern seat set. The front seats are going to be an easey fit. Therefore the rear seat is what I need to look for first.

I measured between the rear wheel wells on my K5 and came up with 47". I've been online searching for and am having a hard time locating something out of a SUV. Anyone already done this? I had been looking at 2000-08 GM models (Suburban, Escalade,Tahoe) but the third row "hip room" is 49.2".

2. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

2nd row Tahoe or 3rd row Burb seats fit, pretty much anything designed to sit between the wheel wells will work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. slyguy_22

slyguy_22 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What is the built in behind the seats? have any pics? Also what did you use for your rail covers?

4. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

x2, I'd like to see more of that interior.

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I'll bet those are subwoofer enclosures... :thinking:

:usaflag:

6. RICK212

RICK212 Registered Member

I was just on eBay looking at 3rd row seats. The red truck that vtblazer put up looks like a 95-99 Suburban 3rd row seat. I'm gonna go to Newcomers Truck Parts in Waynesboro,PA and look for two leather powered front seats and a matching 3rd row seat for my '71.

I'll post before and after picks when I get them. I'm going to make sure that I also get the bed mounting hardware. I had a '96 Burb until junior rolled it in our fields and got torched.:mad:

Rick