Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what rims to choose???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Feb 27, 2004.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

ok now in about 3 weeks I am going to order a whole shebang of stuff.... but my big question is what color rims to get... black or chrome???

I have chrome now but the wife wants nice rims as mine are rusty... also my truck is brown.. but will be blue kinda like the color in the Font color section yonder.... so my front and rear smittybuilt bumpers are black, rollbar is black so should I go with black rims? im going with monster steelies 16.5x12?

i got a price on rims, 40" hawgs, 2 front 8" leafs to my door for $2230... dont seem too bad.. that also includes center caps and lugnuts.. mounted and balanced.....

im also gonna list what i need in the wanted section... as it is a HUGE LIST!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

black or chrome???

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Chuck the steelies for a set of forged aluminum welds... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. RootBreaker

and how much would they run? im gonna drop close to $5k-$7k into the truck so im tryin to cut some costs at some places....

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

5. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

I have these
    And, I love 'em. Polished aluminum, they seem to take abuse well, and they were cheap (I paid $95/rim).

6. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    and how much would they run? im gonna drop close to $5k-$7k into the truck so im tryin to cut some costs at some places....

[/ QUOTE ] When it comes to buying rims if welds are the wheel of choice then you are definantly not cutting costs, at around $300 for a 16.5x12 a piece($325 for 14's) they are the most expensive truck wheels out there, but one of the best also as far as looks, strength, and very light weight.

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Yeah Welds, I like the new Cheyenne 6. 16.5x 10 $366, ouch!

8. rjfguitar

I am excited about the new torque lock that are going to be released in March! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

9. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i got a price on rims, 40" hawgs, 2 front 8" leafs to my door for $2230... dont seem too bad.. that also includes center caps and lugnuts.. mounted and balanced....

[/ QUOTE ]
    What rims were in this quoted price? i just ordered 39.5x13.5x16 irok's and black rock crawler wheels mounted and balanced with lug nuts and center caps for $1300 to my door. I know your quote includes front springs but dang i know they didnt cost $930. The tires also have a warrenty that if i ruin the tire beyond repair, on or off raod before the tread is worn 50% they will replace the tire free , no questions asked. If the tire can be repaired just get it fixed and send them the bill and they will re-pay me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif after 50 % they will pro-rate it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. RootBreaker

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    i got a price on rims, 40" hawgs, 2 front 8" leafs to my door for $2230... dont seem too bad.. that also includes center caps and lugnuts.. mounted and balanced....

[/ QUOTE ]
    What rims were in this quoted price? i just ordered 39.5x13.5x16 irok's and black rock crawler wheels mounted and balanced with lug nuts and center caps for $1300 to my door. I know your quote includes front springs but dang i know they didnt cost $930. The tires also have a warrenty that if i ruin the tire beyond repair, on or off raod before the tread is worn 50% they will replace the tire free , no questions asked. If the tire can be repaired just get it fixed and send them the bill and they will re-pay me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif after 50 % they will pro-rate it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm WELL HOOK ME UP WITH THE PHONE NUMBER!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif