Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What rims would you use for Rockstompers beadlocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SCOOBYDANNN, Sep 11, 2002.

1. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I have a slight dilemma-----the rims i have on my truck are the "budd" wheels---16.5x6.75, and i have some wagon wheels in the backyard that are 15x10----now before i order my tires and beadlocks i need some input on what you guys would do. Now the Rockstomper beadlocks (i am going to get these) make your rims 2" wider and im getting 39.5x15's but should i go w/ the skinny look or the wide look---i really have no in between and can't decide.ahhh, decisions, decisions, decisions.

thanks /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I'd use 15x8s, ideally. The 15x10s are wider than I'd like, and on the 16.5s I'd be wary of the inner bead blowing. </font color>

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

has this ever happened--i personally have never seen it, but i suppose---- /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> It has happened, I didn't think it was very common, but according to the guys on PBB it happens. Some of them even posted pics of it. Not common I'm sure, but when I get beadlocks I want to be damn sure that I'll never lose a bead...</font color>