Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What say you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyHuny, Aug 8, 2002.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Just a question to stur up conversation and see what you all feel about this.
    /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Im whatching The Pulse on Fox. There is this man (Jim Crow) who says that African Americans should have compensation for what happend over 150 years ago. To heal america and put CLOSURE to the whole slavery ordeal. This guy says that they should be given land, free health care, free education and money. He says that black people dont want "our" welfare.

This guys seems to be speaking for all of america. I know there are black people and white people on the board. What you do all think about this? They are really trying to push this to go through congress, and its possible that your tax paying money will go to this. They say Billions. Do you feel this is something good for our country to do?

P.S. Im not saying its a good or bad thing. But it would be intersting to see what you all feel. Since this guy is speaking for all of you.

2. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Im not sure i got that right black people get money for something that happend long time ago????HMMMMM im half black so do i get half of the comp.?It would be nice but this is a moronic idea.I could see if black people are suffering from it but thats not what they are suffering from.They need to be worried about what is going wrong now with blacks in america and not hundreds of years ago.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I am so sick of this bs. Lets make right what happened 150 years ago. You know what none of us were alive back then so why in the @#$% does anyone now owe anyone a thing? I wish people could get their heads out of theirs butts long enough to think about their futures and how to better themselves through hard work and self preservation rather then worrying about the past that's so far gone nobody from that era is still alive. I could understand some of this if these people who were slaves were still alive today...but they're all dead! I think rule number 1 should be you can't get something unless you yourself were a slave and alive during that time... period, end of story....

4. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Good Point Potatoe /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Hey what happend to spiderman???

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

These people need to think about how crappy life would be if they were still in Africa and how much better off they are in America, boy do i hate being Politically correct

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

What's in the past is over with. Nuff said.

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

This is BS. I had NOTHING to do with slavery. My ancestors were poor working-class and fought for the North in the Civil War. I have their discharge papers and all. Why should I pay for something that my ancestors fought against?

8. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

Has anyone else heard of the other version of slavery called "share cropping"?

I am sorry for what happened int he past but like what was said earlier, it is in the past, and it can not be changed, the only thing we can control is tommorrow.

9. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

Stupid. That's like saying if you're dad killed my dad, I should be able to kill you. It's in the past, get over it, and stop trying to scam the government and get something for nothing.

10. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Blacks have more rights than whites. IMO, that is enough compensation...compensation that I feel is not owed...

Lets try this:

A black guy goes in for a job interview. The manager says, "Well, you've got great qualifications, and I feel that you would be the best man for the job. BUT, we want a white guy...not a black guy."

Jesse Jackson would be all over it right? Lots of people protesting etc.
    But, that happens to white people all the time now. They might be the best man for the job, but the employer has to hire a black guy because he has too many white guys.

Now, how is that equal? Minorities want whites to embrace them and love them and to be 'color blind' when minorities use their skin color to their advantage! Equality is not "lets give these particular people an advantage" Equal is equal folks!

11. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

This is stupid. If this is the case, I should be able to ride the coattails of anything bad that may have happened to my grandaddy and not have to be working in what the world has been shaped to be. Or sue the government for allowing lead paint to be put in houses.

Show me a man whose life now is suffering because of slavery 150 years ago.

They don't want "our" welfare?? WTF is that all about?? No welfare, but prefer a handout on a belief that expired ages ago? If you're qualifying for welfare and don't want it, get off your ass and work, BITCH!

This guy must be a genius, 150 years later, he decides it's time to get reparation.

13. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

My Dad died of lung cancer when I was 10....where's my check?! Too many morons...too few guts.

14. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

If you don't want 'our' welfare, go collect it somewhere else. My dad was born in Nigeria, and came to the US because it SUCKED. Poverty, starvation, genocide...try that sh!t on for awhile, then complain about your life in the US.

15. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Ummm ya, What everyone else said.......

16. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

This is what I wanted to see. True opinions of Americans. This guy last night says that everyone agrees it should be done. Why is he speaking for everybody? I think that is what angers me most. Im sure not all black people feel the way he is saying they do. Nor do all white people feel the way he is SAYING they do. In fact this is the first time I ever heard about this but this man has been trying to get this passed for years. If he is speaking for me and america we should have at least known about it first dont ya think?

17. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Not much different than clowns like Louis Farrakhan or Jesse Jackson. I don't believe they speak for everyone, they are just speaking the loudest.

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I think this guy was on the O'rielly factor last night. He had made some fairly race-based statements that seem to surface a little more of his possible true feelings.

19. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

They have a new show called The Pulse on the non cable fox channel. Bill Orielly and Shepard Smith. Bill can get on my nerves but I think Shep is great. The man they were interviewing last night about the slavery compensation was put in Bills "no spin zone". I really liked Bill during that interview.

20. MT ZION

MT ZION Registered Member

Who the hell is this Jim Crow guy anyway? If the Goverment passes this I will loose all my faith in this Country.
    /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    MT ZION