Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHAT SEATS WORK

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xlr857, Nov 5, 2002.

1. xlr857

xlr857 Registered Member

I need new seats do the newer chevy truck seats bolt in or is their modifications??? I cant afford new buckets so Ill be pulling them out of a salvage yard anyone have any ideas.

2. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    So you got an '81,what ever seats you get will have to be remounted,none that I know of will just bolt in.I'd try and get the reclining/sliding version of the K/5's,I think they are on '86 and up(?).I know my '85 were not and my brother's '87 were.Try something different and find an split bench seat out of an '89 up truck,just like buckets but has an middle seat/console.I have one in my '78 K/5...real sweet seat.

3. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

Anything will work with a little imagination. Go to the junkyard and get whatever seat you want. Stop at the hardware store on the way home and pick up some plate steel, like 1/8 thick and abour 2-3" wide, use it like an adapter.
    I put seats from a 91 corolla gts in mine. I had to grind off the rails so I had something solid to work with. Leave the seat bases bolted to the blazer and go from there. Mine came out killer. btw those are not thje seats that are in my webshots, those are from a 84 nissan... like I said anything will work.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Don't know as anyone has tried yet, but Camaro seats from '73-80 something might be checked for fit.

The Camaro seats seem to fit other GM seat tracks perfectly, and of course, being able to unbolt the Camaro buckets from their tracks and bolt them to the K5 tracks would be the absolute easiest way to go.

If something like that isn't just a bolt in, I agree, leave the stock K5 seat brackets installed, and adapt the car seats to those.

5. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    The problem you're gonna have is that the '81 passenger seat is'nt an slider type,it hooks in the floor.Good luck.If you don't mind drilling holes almost anything will work,but you will need some tall brackets for the seats to sit on.I would really lean towards stock K/5 later model seats,a couple new holes but easier than almost anything else.I hope you're looking for blue seats,they seem to be the most common color.Mike

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I put a set of seats from an '84 SVO Mustang into my '75. The seat mounting brackets from the K5 had to be modified so they could bolt to the Mustang seats. But I can still tilt the passenger seat forward for easier access to the rear. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

So basically anything can "fit" if you try hard enough. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

i dont think anything from a truck will work. most have a raised flor pan, so the seat is on the ground.
    ryan