Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What setting do you run on 9000s when wheeling?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jmpd, Sep 10, 2000.

1. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

What settings do you guys use on your 9000's for example daily use, muddin, light wheeling, heavy wheeling, or do you just adjust to what feels good in the seat.

Just wondering
    Michael

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Re: What setting do you run on 9000s

I have the incab remote so the guages are different. This is what I run for daily use. I run the front at number two on the guage and run the rear at the line inbetween 1 and 2. so basically, 2 in front and 1 in rear. When wheelin, I run at 4. I drove on the street with both setttings at full firm on the guage, setting 5, and that ride was stiff and bumpy as hell. I felt everything.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

3. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Where are the 9000's guys?

4. SVBlazer

SVBlazer 1/2 ton status

I've had the 9000s for three years now. I've run them no lower than 2 in the front and 3 in the back. Most of the time I'm 3/4 ft/bk. I use them to control the body roll with the spare tire and high jack mounted on the roof. (Also carry 2.5 gallon jerry can of gas on the roof rack.)
    4/5 and 5/5 will jar your fillings out. The truck rides like our race car....

I do not have the in-cab gauges, so changing settings is a pain.

5. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Repost, I'm just curious,I run the shocks on 3 for the street ant have tried different combo's off roading

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Just to let you know, that I use to run RS5000 shocks on my truck. Then when I switched over to RS9000s, I first ran them on position 3, front and rear like the instruction stated to test them out first, and to me, position 3 felt exactly like the RS5000s on the street. It was a little stiff for me. Then I tried 2 front and 1 rear and it is a big difference. now I do 2front and 2back, just b/c I felt like it, still smooth as usual.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]