Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what shocks are softer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blue85, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I am thinking about trying a softer shock up front. I have Rough Country Nitro 9000 or something like that. Is there anyplace I can find the valving numbers for these shocks? Is there any way to get a softer shock without buying adjustable shocks or is everything on the market stiff like a Rancho 5000? I have about 5" of lift.

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Not exactly an answer to your question, but you can soften up a shock by mounting at an increased angle. This gives you the added benefit of effectively lengthening the stroke of the shock for free. I run 5012s on all 4 corners and they are quite "soft", but they are mounted about 40* from vertical.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i run DT8000s on my rig... the difference between them and the RS5000s I had is like night and day. As an added bonus, they are only $35 a shock. Summit would prolly be the best place to get em...

j

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

RS9000X's are the ticket.............. Tunable to your preference. Worth the $ /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Gabriels cost $20 each. $15 after my discount. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif