Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What should be connected here?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigCountryx, Aug 19, 2005.

1. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

It looks like a vac line should be connected here, but I'm not sure. I don't know what it would do if it were connected anyway as it seems that the vac line coming into the switch and the line coming out to the EGR should be all that is needed. I get a Check engine light from time to time, I've never pulled the code, but I was just looking things over looking for something obvious.
    [​IMG]

BTW - when pulling codes, do you have to leave the truck running once it throws the code in ordr to check it? Every time I get the ses light and kill the engine, it goes away by the time I restart it and stays off for quite some time.

2. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

That's the EGR control solenoid and there shouldn't be anything connected to the top port. When I replaced mine it had the top port covered up.

3. puckhead

puckhead 1/2 ton status

that is an air vent for the solenoid it should be left open at one time there was pry a small foam block over it

4. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

Yup my new one was covered up with a chunk of foam.

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Mine is open also. And has been for a long time. Just recently I put a long piece of vacuum tube on it to run to high places.

I've seen some with a cap on them that looked similar to an axle vent tube cap...

6. puckhead

puckhead 1/2 ton status

BTW the way to pull codes is to have KOEO (Key On Engine Off) with the jumper installed in the ALDL (the plug under the dash) if you have a very intermintent code it may not trip a permant code so you may need to wait for the light to come on more often

7. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

It is in fact a vent.....but where is your MAP sensor at????

8. BigCountryx

Talk to me, do I need something that I don't have?

9. puckhead

puckhead 1/2 ton status

your map sensor is there otherwise it would run like crap and have a check engine light all the time. Besides i can see the screw that retains the map sensor and the line that feeds it also so your cool man no worries the map sensor mounts to the underside of that bracket and has a single vaccum line running to it with a 3 wire plug the plug is usually green.

10. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

I don't see the map sensor or the line that feeds it anywhere in that pic :dunno:

11. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I don't see any part of the MAP in that pic or the wiring or the vacuum line. Having said that, if it was really not installed your truck would runn horribly. I am sure it is just in a different spot on your truck.

Look at the back side of your TBI between the fuel lines. there should be a vacuum line attached there. The other end goes to the MAP

12. BigCountryx

Well, the MAP must be there 'cause the truck runs like a top. I'm amazed by the nearly 200k on the od. You would never gues it by driving it! (probably just jinxed myself...........damnit)