Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What should I do about this girl?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hunterguy86, Dec 9, 2005.

?

Write it off or try and go for it

1. Stick with it and see if shes interested

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. Forget about it and go wheelin

22 vote(s)
    62.9%
  3. The ever popular Im nekked option

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

So I met this girl a few weeks ago. We talked a little bit and slowly talked more and more. We hung out a few times. This last friday we hung out. We went out to a party that night. As we were drivin back to campus she kissed me on the cheek. Then we went back to her dorm and me her and her cousin and hung out. I was sitting on her bed. She came and sat next to me and cuddled up with me. This was all her move. I am interested but didnt want to push anything and tried to act the gentalman. She was falling asleep so I got up to leave. As I was leaving she kissed me and I kissed back. Since then our conversations have dropped off. That saturday she was goin to a party and would call me when she got there if they were letting guys in. A lot of the parties dont like to let guys in. Thats the reason I dont go much. This time I wanted to go to try and see her. Well she never called that night. Since then we have talked some but our conversations have dropped off a lot. Today we were tailgating before the football game and I called her. She said she was coming to the tailgate party and then she would call when she got there. Well guess what, she didnt call.

When things were goin good we talked about goin to a concert tomorrow night. Well since then she has backed out because she said her brother is comin in to town. I told her to bring him too. She said that she would talk to him and see.

Granted, it is finals and everyone is busy.

So should I write this off or try and persue it?
    I am interested in making something of it because she seems like someone I would like to hang out with more.

When I asked her earlier this week she did seem like she was interested in hanging out.

What do yall think?

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I think she was in the mood for a 1 nighter....you lost.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

dude, put the money you would spend on her into your ride or school...
    ill be at 9 months on the 15th of this month with my current GF. its a long distance thing and i tell ya its hard. im divorced as well. no kids. i shoulda stuck to the one about "im gonna be single for life" when i got divorced.... just personal opinon though. :thumb:
    Grant

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Maybe give it a few days of no contact, and if she doesn't get in touch with you, try one more time.

5. hunterguy86

We kinda talked about that and she said she didnt like to hook up with random people and that she wanted to be in a serious relationship before she did that kinda stuff.

I've made my mistakes and this is how I feel.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, we have Christmas comming up. She may be more thinking about family and all that stuff right now. Give her something thoughtfull, but not expencive for Christmas, but wait and see if things will pick up for y'all after the new year. Don't try too rush stuff or pressure her in any way or you'll scare her off. Tell her you'd like too get too know her.

7. hunterguy86

I'm thinkin she maybe scared herself off.

After she kissed me everything dropped off.

I'm thinkin im gonna play it cool and see what happens.

Thanks for all the insite so far and keep the advice comin.

8. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Shoulda hit it when u had the chance bro.

Ira

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

X2

When they're intiating especially...sounds like the iron is no longer hot though.

Don't forget, what they say and what they want are never the exact same thing.

Rene

10. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

nail on the head!

11. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

I would stick with it, you have nothing to lose but a few days.

12. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I didon't read it since i"m ****in s ashed. But, I would say just og sepnd your money elsewhere. I spent tow weeks pursuing a "good girl" who *forgot* she had a boyfriend. What a waste of time, money, a nights I could have/should have spent studying for my calc final.

13. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Did you ever watch cats do it, they have about a thirty min. attention span. You both think you may be looking for the right one (clueless), but testing is a fun way to eliminate the wrong one.:D

14. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

Sounds to me like it's that time of the month now and she's freakin. Give her a week and see. You should be aware that women are only right in the head one week out of four.

Get you a blow up doll and forget about it. I shoulda

15. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

young women don't know what they want anyway, so any action you take could have been the right or wrong move.

they also aren't emotionally mature enough to know the difference between you being honorable and you being disinterested, and they don't sit still long enough for you to explain yourself to them.

there are exceptions, but those have been hunted to extinction.

Having said that, the best thing you could have done was stayed with her. not saying it had to or would have gotten physical, but considering how she was acting, you just being there could have been a good foundation..

don't be in a hurry to run away too soon. you think you're being a gentleman, she reads that as fear or disinterest.

rule of thumb -- when she initiates contact, don't leave until you are dismissed. When you initiate contact, that's when you have to be careful not to overstay your welcome.

You can still be a nice gentlemanly type guy, just do so appropriately. As I've said before, we teach people how to treat us, and " nice guys" have this annoying habit of putting this wide gulf between themselves and potentially interested women by staying hands off and distant.. and then complain about what they let happen.

Anyway, just ignore her for awhile, and see what happens. the good thing is that women are like buses.. you miss one, another one comes along.

Tom

16. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Good stuff, 4by4bygod.

17. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

WARNING:
    you are now in the FRIEND zone.

a woman is taught her entire life that all men want is her "p".
    they are told to not share it with everyone, lest they develop a reputation as too friendly (slutty)
    they get drunk and get in the sharing mood, and once thy offer the "p" and you make no effort to try and get it, then that sounds numerous alarms. they think you could be gay, celibate, religious, or weird. that in turn makes them think they are fat, ugly, stink, not worthy of you.

so basically when offered free "p" you are supposed to make an effort. now the problem is even though they offer it, it is stupid because alot of times they dont really want you to have it... its just a test.

i promise i know what im talking about. if i didnt i wouldnt be married.

another bit of advice, and you can check this with guys in a long term relationship or married/
    NEVER EVER turn down the "p". if she is ready, take it. you cannot "save it" till later.
    example #1: (italics are whats really going on)
    g/f or wife: im horny, lets have sex! i need "x"( money, clothes,etc), or i want to cuddle
    you: i have too much to do, later ok? im too busy to stop what im doing, i can alays get it tonight/later (famous last words......)
    g/f or wife: OK, im going to wear you out later! what was i thinking 10 minutes ago? oh well... i forgot

saving "p" for later is impossible, its a law of nature no one wants to talk about.

most bosses/managers understand that no string attached (i.e. honeydo this and get some "p") is VERY VERY rare. next time you are late to work tell your boss your wife offered you a quickie, and he WILL UNDERSTAND you choosing "p" over being at work on time.

you were offered either teaser "p" or the real deal. you turned it down for whatever reason. you have made her think her "p" is ineffective on you, therefore you call into question her womanly charms. whhile it is NOT impossible to overcome this, i believe it his very IMPROBABLE. cut your losses. and learn from your mistakes, young skywalker.

18. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

sounds to me like she's checking you out-whether you just want "some", or a real relationship. If she had really wanted to get laid, there would be NO doubt in your mind.
    There's an old saying; Women sleep with men so that men will talk to them. Men talk to women so that women will sleep with them. Once you understand the difference,it all makes sense (NOT).

19. hunterguy86

Thanks for all the insight yall. It has given me a lot to think about.

As of where it stands now, I told her last night that I'm going to see Kevin Fowler and offered to take her. If she decides she wants to go then cool, if not, well then thats cool too. I think I've tried to initaite conversation enough and have offered to go out for ice cream or something real quick so she knows im interested. I'm gonna leave it up to her. If she wants to make somethin of it its gonna be her move now.

20. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

That saturday she was goin to a party and would call me when she got there if they were letting guys in

biggesy bs line in histroy. what it really means, is i f i go there and cant find something better, ill call you. sorry bro move on