Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What Should I do????? Gear reduction?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Corey 78K5, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I been thinking about how to get lower gears in the Blazer. I have a SM465 with an NP203. Should I go with the WMS 3.1 kit or ORD doubler. Or just say screw it and do both. Im keeping the 4.10s in the axels so I can still cruise it down the highway with out over reving the engine so Im gonna need the lower gears somewhere.
    Oh and the 465/203 is not for sale it's My last one and it aint going anywhere /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

If money isn't a problem, both!

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If money isn't a problem, both!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Im married Money is always a problem /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Id say go witht the T-case gears. If you were to go with a doubler, there are other costs that have to be factored in, like new driveshafts, and the cost of a 205. The t-case gears would be a good way to get geared better for now until you can scrape together enough money to go with a doubler.

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

what are the WMS gears going for?

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Last i checked they were right at $1000 with a range box exchange.

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

doubler

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

ORD Doubler /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

The more I think about it I think that the ORD doubler would be the way to go. I already have a 205 that just needs the 32 spline shaft and be machined for the bigger bearing to accept it. I also have a Ford np205 with the 32 spline yokes that I could use to beef it up even more. Im not real crazy about the 10 spline between the tranny and t-case but that can be delt with later down the road.

10. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I have been talking to a few folks that have lower reduction T/C's and I found a few of them to say that they wish they had more gear options . They seem to have plenty of gear but they sometimes want a little less gear on certain trails . Soooo to get to my point , I think that if you can suck it up and do both than that would be the best combo of all but if you have to choose one or the other than a Doubler is the way to go .
    Tom