Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what should I do next?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by homie77, Jul 26, 2002.

1. homie77

homie77 Registered Member

Have 84 w/350 and 6in procomp susp. and 35s. Saggs in rear should I take out blocks and go with springs? Also what should I do after that gears, lockers or what?

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yes if you can..i would DEF. go for rear springs..and what gears r u running now?

Bryan

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

give us more info like what kind of wheeling you want to do do you want good flex also what gears do you have now?
    if you want good flex go with a 4in shackle flip and 2.5in springs in the back if you just want it to sit level then put in a 1in add a leaf if your gears are ok with the 35in tires then go with the lockers anyway we need more info /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Yeah, fill out you profile so we can give you some opinions.Alot of choices here at CK5.Welcome to the family!

5. homie77

homie77 Registered Member

I want to still have as much flex as I can but, I would like to stay away from the shackle flip. The 4-wheeling I do is not that extreme. Most of it is in water up 3ft deep or more. The rivers are mostly pete gravel, some solid rock. Steep inclines can come into play as well as the occasional deep mud hole. As to what gears I have, thats another qusetion for the experts. I have been told that most Blazers back then had 3:08 gears. The rear end dosen't have a tag and I can't find any numbers on it either. You could email me as well.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

depends on the rig, mine had 3.73s stock... of course it had the OD tranny and towing package stuff too... so maybe thats why, I dunno. At any rate, the 4.56 gears I run now are much better for 'wheelin...

J

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yeap same with me..OD tranny and trailer package with 3.73's...if you dont know what your gears are it should say on the sticker in your glove box that tells what it came with right out of the factory..if the paper is still in your glove box i mean...

Bryan

8. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    You really need to find out what your gear ratios are.How does it drive now?Do you have the TH700 auto trans or the manual?If you have the TH700,then I would go to 4.56's.I'm thinking you have the NP208 T-Case....which has an 2.6:1 lo range.Most of your trail time is muddin'?Definitely get the lockers....but since you have stock 10 bolt diffs,you might want to really think about upgrading to 3/4 ton diffs.Then get the lockers.You are running 35" tires,that's alot of tire for 10 bolts.I would hate to see you invest in lockers and gears and then blow up your diffs.Get the 3/4 ton diffs....which could give you 3.73,4.10 or even 4.56 gears stock!then you will more than likely need 8 lug wheels,although you can find 6 lug diffs.Maybe just go to a 12 bolt rear.I like the 3/4 ton stuff that way you have less to worry about.So my suggestion is diffs,wheels(8luggers),lockers,and rear springs(since you don't want the shackle flip).Good luck and glad to have you here.Mike