Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What should i do with this crap?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigcountryk5, Aug 19, 2004.

1. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

alright i was just curious about the A/C in the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif i have.
    it does not work and i don't want it to work cause it's gonna be a trail rig not a daily driver by any strech of the imagination. So should i just leave all the a/c stuff in place or junk it /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. some of the parts could possibly go to use to somebody else but i wouldn't know how to test them to see if the could work. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

are there any pro's or con's to junking it or leaving it be? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

how hard is it to get all that junk off? also what parts do i need to take off?

who of you have will done/do this and why did/will you?

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

if your not going to use it pull it out, save weight, use the condensor for a tranny or oil cooler. I dont know the specifics on pulling it. I'm working to keep my AC even in the trail rig for hot summer days /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Happy Bday by the way /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Fix it! Trust me if you don't, you'll regret it later

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I wish my PO had fixed his, instead of /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. bigcountryk5

thats a good idea jj i think i will pull it out and use what i can. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    thanks for the happy b-day wish bye the way

of and Tim, i really don't see myself regreting it i have never owned a vehicle with a/c my DD a 91 Ford Ranger has never had it i like the hot weather it just doesn't bother me that much. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

To make it easy on yourself, just pull the lines and the condensor. Better cooling and easier access/less clutter, but don't have to worry about re-mounting the heater core and finding the non-AC heater parts.

7. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I pulled the compressor, condensor, all the lines and the evaporator. I don't think AC will work on a no door no top truck so that's why i did it. You'd be surprised how much room you get from pulling just those couple of things. PLus that's just one less fan belt to worry about. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

If you deciede to yank it out let me know, i need a compressor and some brackets.

9. bigcountryk5

naw no big deal there the heat don't work either /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

cochino12: not sure when i'll even get a chance i'll be working this weekend so no chance tommorow and leaving on Wed.to go to bristol for the race. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif but when i do pull it i'l give ya a holler /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif