Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what should i do...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big83chevy4x4, Jun 7, 2004.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

with my k10? it was my first vehicle, i kept having problems with it, tranny, tranny, tcase, driveshaft, body, tranny, driveshaft. so i desided to take it off the road and build the off road vechicle i wanted, 1 tons, high horse 355, sm465/205, super flexy leaf suspention, lots of body work, make it look very nice. i took it apart, body off the frame, suspention, everything till i got a bear frame. that was 2 years ago. once i got it apart, i started building a motor for it, got a 465/205, and had the 1 tons lined up.

i was driving my s10 while i was doing this, then the motor blew up, so i desided to take the motor i took out of my k10, rebuilt it and put it in my s10. i still had the motor i built for the k10. well it didn't look like i was gonna get it done before winter. so i bought my k20. well i blew the motor in that, so i took the stock motor i rebuild for my s10 and put it in that. then the tranny went out and used the tranny i built for my s10 in my k20. so i took the motor that i built for my k10, changed the cam and plan on putting it in the s10.

so now i only have the sm465/205 for it, plus i can't get ahold of my buddy with the 1 tons to see if he still has them.

i don't have the money to put it back together, so it sits in my grandmas garage. ive been robing small parts of it for my k20. i want a capable 4x4 now and plan on doing something to my k20. the k20 is a better base, the bodys better, plus it runs and drives very well.

should i take it to the scrap yard, suck it up and have 2 very capable vehicles, or keep the k20 stock and take 4 more years (thats what it looks like right now) to get my k10 together? im at a loose and don't know what to do, either does my family, but my grandma's been buging me to get it out of her garage. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Are you by any chance related to supersize75?

3. big83chevy4x4

i do have a cousin that lives in pheonix /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

but no /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

You, my friend, gots to stop blowin motors /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

5. big83chevy4x4

the s10 had 200,000 miles and the k20's front drive shaft came off and punched a hole in the pan, then knocked very bad. its not like i have a heavy foot or anything /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I can't remember how many motors I've blown... My uncle can, he's the guy that kept getting me new motors or cars.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

KEEP IT, and build two rigs.

Don't build the rig you love as your capable trail machine. Once you bash it, you'll end up like supersize75.

I love my K10 but I love wheeling it more, so I'm going to build another rig for being a poser machine.

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Yeah that's what I'm doing with my trucks; fix up the rust on the jimmy, upgrade to make it look some what "nice", then with the blazer, full out trail machine /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Once you bash it, you'll end up like supersize75.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to Supersize75?

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Once you bash it, you'll end up like supersize75.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to Supersize75?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure where he's at now. He's probably wrenching.

He learned the hard way that you can't have a nice rig and a trail rig all in one.

11. big83chevy4x4

he spent alot of money on his truck then rolled it 2 different times, blown 3 454s and 2 350s, then turned it to a truggy, and last i knew he was selling it.

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

He was selling it to buy a house he really likes, don't know if it's sold yet /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

He had way too much money falling out of his ass. He kept abusing his K5, blowing motors and whatnot. He then bought a real nice K5 and ended beating it to a pulp. He once got pissed off at the off-road performance of his K5 which didn't have a front shaft...just another idiot.... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

14. big83chevy4x4

i WANTED a nice rig, but my k20 is nice, its not perfect, still fixing the rust. i don't want to spend alot of money to just drive around, i am building it to wheel. if it gets a dent, i will admire that dent, it has a story, and probably never fix it. i hate rust though. its like my door on my k20, when the mirror got ripped off, the only thing im gonna fix is the holes and straighten the panel, but leave the dent there.

its just i have 2 projects only room for 1, i spend alot of money on my bike, racing, gear, parts. i care a lot more about how my bike looks than my trucks, if my truck breaks down i will fix it the correct way.

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

What was he doing to make so much money /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

16. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

He supposed owned his own biz. But I'm sure his daddy was pitching in since all those pics of his rig were taken in a fancy-pants neighborhood. And he lived at home....

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

wow, wasn't he only like 18 too? what was his business?

18. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yep...I think it was a cleaning biz or something....

19. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Ooooh IC. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

should i take it to the scrap yard, suck it up and have 2 very capable vehicles, or keep the k20 stock and take 4 more years (thats what it looks like right now) to get my k10 together? im at a loose and don't know what to do, either does my family, but my grandma's been buging me to get it out of her garage. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Scrap yard?? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I wouldn't do that, later on you will realize that there were many parts on there you will need.