Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what should i do

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by therover87, Jun 6, 2002.

1. therover87

therover87 1/2 ton status

i have some money saved up and i wanna start a project i am debating building a blazer or a muscle car what would you guys do, i already have an 87 k5.

2. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

PERSONALLY, i would build a K5, don't get me wrong, if i had the money i would drop a modern 427 twin turbo kit into a 73 jet black vette. but if you do that, you can't LEGALLY see what it can do, cept the track. trucks are cheaper to build up off road, and you can spend a whole weekend devoted to fun with your rig, muscle cars are pretty much just now and then, cuz you get paranoid having a PERFECT car, so you drive it wen the weather's nice. truck: you drive it when you want, where you want, how you want, and in nearly any situation you want. anway you already got a k5, same year as mine, and i doin the same thing when i get the money.
    hope this helps, keep us posted on your decisions

3. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

Duh.... Let me think on that one. Hmm, is this Muscle Car.com? Just kidding. Do a truck.

4. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

Go with the truck. I had a 68 396 SS Camaro in my garage for years. The problem was I found that it spent the majority of the time in the garage on the battery charger because it never got driven.

5. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Old muscle cars are cool, I had a 67 Mustang myself which I sold a couple of years ago and bought my K5 and I have to say that I have a lot more fun with the truck. I can use it for play, hauling stuff or the family around and I'm not worried about driving it when the weather is nasty. If you can't have both go for the truck.