Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What should i do

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pplblazerdude, Feb 2, 2003.

1. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

I have a stock 88 full size blazer and i wont to get about 2 1/2 inches of lift on it cause i think they look better when they are taller. And im not wonting to spend alot of money and the last body lift we did turned us away form it and now my dad says no to them. And this truck will be my daily driver when i start driving and i wont it to have a good ride but be good of road. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do.

Thanks Clint /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I would buy a set of soft springs for the front. In the back, Id do an ORD 2 1/2" shackle flip.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I agree with the soft springs up front and shackle flip in the rear. If you plan on some larger tires, think 4" lift. 4" lift on 33's look good. But if you don't mind a little fender trimming, 4" lift and 35's look really good. I like the rear end just alittle higher then the front. The ORD Zero rates will add 1 inch, and if you have the saggy butt syndrom alot of Blazers suffer from, it'll do alot tords cureing it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

See the problem is at my house my blazer is like 3 to 4 inches from hitting the top of the garage right now and im on stock suspecion and 31s and if i go to big i cant put it in the garage to do work on it which means lifting it out side so the 2 1/2 is about as bi as i can go i think unless anyone knows what i could do. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Thanks Clint /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

In '82 I had a '77 K20. I used a Rancho EzRide kit on it and that improved the ride 200% over stock as the front wasn't bottoming out all the time. For 2.5"s you could go front springs and blocks in the back.

6. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Also look into things to do to the garage to give a little more clearance. Like make sure the door opens all the way. Redo the way sealing happens at the top, etc. You may be able to get another inch or two without any major work.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you'll be parking it outside, just doing the lift in the garage, you could pull the nose in, do the front, then remove the half top, back the rear into the garage and do that end, pull it out, put half top back on. Walla, done.

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Or you could put a heavy ratchet strap on each corner of the truck and suck the suspension down to get it into the garage. Also you could deflate the tires down to single digit PSI. Just have an air compressor with a long hose or portable tank so you can refill after you exit the garage.

9. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

buy a set of stock tires from the junkyard, and if you want to pull the truck in the garage put those little Pizza Cutters on it.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Not the ricer low as ya can go non exzistent sidewall tires in 15" stock rims. LOL.

11. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

33's might fit stock..if not, 32's probably will

12. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Gotta figure out whether U want truck to look and work good on [or off}the road or sitting in garage.4X4s are to use not to look at.{well mabey drool over}.Go for the lift!!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer on 38s in TENN. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. BlazinRojo

BlazinRojo 1/2 ton status

33's will not fit stock when they get stuffed up in the wheel well and the other side is at full droop. I read somewhere that it takes a 4" lift to fully clear 33's, but that seems a little much.

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if you are really short on cash, and the rig isnt a hardcore 4x4 rig.. just put 2.5" springs up front... and 2.5" blocks in the rear.

j