Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What should I expect to pay for a set of good stock steel rims for my '74?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by elvisjay, Jan 23, 2001.

1. elvisjay

elvisjay Newbie

What should I expect to pay for a set of good stock steel rims for my \'74?

Looking for a set of the stock steel rims for my '74. I also need to be pointed toward a junk yard that might have them or possibly someone who makes aftermarket.

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Re: What should I expect to pay for a set of good stock steel rims for my \'74?

I've exeirienced j-yard prices like this:Regular utility steel wheel about 10-15 bucks( the kind you'd cover up with a hub-cap)The slotted ralley rims will run between 20-40 dollars each, more if you want the center caps and beauty rings.

[​IMG]<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>

3. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

In Dallas, the 6 lug Rally wheels at the yards run $40-$50 plus the inserts and trim rings....I would check LMC, and Cheyenne Pickup parts.....Stockton Wheels will hook you up with a set of 10" Rallys (Bart wheels with stock centers) for about $725 plus $45 each for powdercoating....another place to look is at Flea Markets....I have gotten some screamin' deals at those Trade Days markets that seem to be everywhere.....Aftermarket wheels may actually be cheaper in the long run.....I tend to buy 6 lug Rally wheels as I run across them...good luck...they seem to be getting scarce....JD

I'm at 10th and Plum....10 miles from nowhere, and Plum out in the sticks....

4. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

I've got a set of stock steel wheels that I just took off of my 86 K5. They have the chrome beaty rings and screw on center caps. If you're interested, let me know. I also sent you an email.

5. ut77gmc

ut77gmc Registered Member

Elvis:
    I'm in SLC but have 5 ralleye wheels, 4 with 32" Sport Kings (about 40% tread left) 1 with 31" Dunlop, but no beauty rings or centercaps if that helps.....I think I could let the whole deal go for about $200 or so...e-mail if interested (mbryson@aibna.com)

'77 GMC K15 LWB.....likes to get muddy