Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What should i name my k-5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rebel_4x4, Jun 7, 2002.

1. rebel_4x4

rebel_4x4 Newbie

what should i name my k-5 blazer i have came up with a few but still aint desided what to name it so i want to know yall think i should name it thanks, its a stock mud truck that i will soon put gears tires and build the motor a little

2. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Tell us a little about your truck and post a picture.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Well since it's a mud truck you could use either:

"Deep Sh*t"
    (or)
    "Buried Alive"
    (or)
    "Pigpen" <- Like the old Charlie Brown character.

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I've already taken "Beeotch!!!" /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif!!!!!!

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Don't set out to name it. Get out and use it.

IMO, the best names aren't cool, catchy names that come out of someone's wet dream impression of their truck (dream being the key word for most of the truck names I've seen). The really good names just “happen” based on events. There was a jeep that got called the "Rocket Launcher" because of it's tendency to get stuck tipped up on the back of it's roll bar pointing at the sky (actually, I think it was more what the funky roll bar that led to this tendency was called, but you get the idea). There is also “The Great Pumpkin” which is a rather large orange and black Super Cab F350 with nothing but that big fat cab/cap setting on bare a Chassis (much like my K30). That name is cool without trying to be cool. I honestly hate seeing rigs with the “I’m so cool and my truck is bad assed” completely contrived names stuck on them, often with big fat letters across the windshield. If there is something individual/unusual about your truck (looks, ability, or maybe even *lack of ability*) then the guys you wheel with will name it quickly enough. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

If you have to ask for help on a name, then it’s not time to name it. Just my opinion but, leave the contrived names for the mall poseurs and the monster trucks…

6. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

i'm in total agreement.

7. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

For the good names you don't name your truck it gets named by the people you run with.

8. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

You can not set out to name a truck. It is not a child or a dog. It does not have to have a name. Having said that..................A truck name is like a nick name. You can not give your self a nickname. A cool nicname is bestowed upon you.
    Once again...You can not name your own truck. Just ask "PURPLE TRAIL EATER."

9. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

I agree with Baddog, when i first bought my jimmy the back seat had no seat belts and wasnt bolted to the floor, We starting calling it the "DeathBox" cuz in no way was it safe heh, no i got my Blazer, and my friends started calling it the "Fu*KBox" for obvious reasons lol

10. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

if its like anything i own just call it MY JUNK

11. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Totally agree with you there ! Don't try so hard ! The ones that are dumb are usually the ones the owner has given it !

12. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I tried to name my truck, but couldn't come up with anything original. Then I was at my friend's (79Beast) house one day and his dad looked out the window, saw my truck, and said "I knew you were here because I saw the "Thing" outside." Also, there have been countless people say how ugly that "thing" is. My truck IS one of the ugliest trucks I've ever seen. So, the name "Thing" just sorta stuck. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Will

13. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

My trucks name is more of a phrase: "DON'T DOUBT THE BLAZER". This came from when my blazer was stock and I would tell my passengers eveytime that we came to a gnasty dune that I wasn't sure if we could make it /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif . Then from the rear seat I hear "don't doubt the blazer /forums/images/icons/cool.gif " and we made it up with speed to spare! Ever since then the phrase stuck, and whenever someone doubt's the blazer, something seems to break /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif ! So give it time, your truck will eventually earn its name

14. ratpack7

ratpack7 Guest

Mine is called RAT PACK 7 by default because I was the 7th person in my group to get a personalized plate (RAT-PAK 1 thru 9) I still haven't found a real name for her yet. Just wait for it it will come.

15. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    It's your truck, do what you want. Everyone wanted to call mine "the beast" ummm......haven't heard that one before...yeah right. Sorry but I named it before I started all the work I did which gave me a insentive to make it work to the name. well kind of. It also gave me a song to jam with late into the night when I was working on it. Besides, Teds cool.
    I think the Trooper lives up to it.
    and the bashing begins..... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

16. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

My rig just got named last weekend. Was out wheelin with a buddy. Climbed up a fairly steep and rutted hill complete with boulders and all. My buddy made the remark that my truck reminded him of a mountain goat. So my trucks name is now The Goat. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

"my k-5" or "the Blazer".

naming rigs is for gurls. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

J

18. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

i agree with others saying you cant pick a cool name in the hopes of being cool. the name just has to come to it. my trucks are the tar baby - because its black and ussually sticky with mud. old blue- its old and blue - and thumper- becauses its so loud. my bud has a truck called "the dave show" somone got drunk and fingered it into teh mud on teh truck one night and the name (and teh scratch where it was written) stuck.

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I agree and thats why after I primered it I couldn't call mine OL" BLUE anymore now it's called PROJECT LOWBUCK a name givin to me by my bud cause I'm a cheapskate... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

20. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

my buddy calls my suburban "inferiority complex" /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif . i've always called it "the sub". oh and "mormon attack vehicle" or "MAV" is a good one for a suburban. but i'm not morman.