Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What should I offer for an 87 K30?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fortcollinsram, Sep 13, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

The local Furd dealer has a 1987 GMC K30 with 110,000 miles sitting on their used lot...I went and looked at it today and it is in decent shape...Has new paint, all new AC system (incl. compresor) Fuelie 454, sm465, np205 w/ slip yoke, D60 and 14bff of course, The interior is a little on the dirty side and stinks of a long-haired dog. It startes fine and has only a few rust spots. What should I offer? The dealer was originally asking $7900, but they have since dropped it to $6900...

I was thinking of offering my Blazer (1987 w/ 350TBI, 465, 205, 14bff, and 8-lug ten bolt, 130,000 miles, clean interior, Kenwood/INfinity/MB Quart stereo, 5 NEW 35x12.50 Pro Comp Xterrains) and a little cash...What do you think...? Please help me fiqure out what to offer...Thanks gang...

Chris

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

How long have they had it on their lot? Most people dont want k-30? I would see what their bottom line is on the vehical. Sometimes they ends up at the auctions here in Arizona or around the country. See if they want to trade strait across, Clean and strait is what they want to sell. Easier and faster sell. They have already made their money on the trade-in. See what they say.....

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Pull your stereo system, car lots won't give you anymore on a trade in, so don't give it away.

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

It has been on their lot for like 3 weeks to a month...I looked at it again tonight and I notice that the paint is kind of cheesy. THere are drip markes and spots of thin coverage. I am going in tomorrow and I am going to see if the want to trade straight across...We'll see...

Chris