Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what should i spray on my winch bumper for paint?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88jimmyoungowner, May 3, 2002.

1. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

rhino bed liner or paint?? this is a coustom bumper built by some guys at my dad's shop for the jimmy. does rhino liner have to have a primer coat? is it a good idea for a bumper? please help me o nthis question. any assistance is appreceated

2. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I'd say paint. Save the bedliner for the inside of the truck. I can't thnk of an advantage gained by bed-liner on the bumper.

-Aaron

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Advantage = rhino liner does not chip like paint. Go for it IMO

4. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

Paint it...simple to touch up. Just rub that new Rhino lined bumper on some rocks and watch your investment come right off. Just paint it and save the cash for the real goods.

5. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

You could go with a POR15 setup and never worry about it again. Just my two cents.
    Anthony

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I like the idea of cheap rattle-can paint jobs on bumpers... they are there to take hits from rocks.. and they will. If they have a rattle can job, ya dont really care if it gets beat up a little... and fixing the "problem" takes like 20 seconds. Not to mention that its cheap....

If I had a friend that worked at a rhino place (and could getta good price!) I might get some parts of a bumper lined... but not the parts that are likely to hit rocks n stuff...

J

7. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Herculiner. Do it yourself for under $100, closer to $50 if you find a good deal or a sale. You'll have enough to do other things. Won't rust and if it gets scraped off or something, you just put more on./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

Find some alkalyd spray paint and use that. It's also known as "implement" paint. It's softer than Rustoleum and doesn't chip as easy as the harder paints like the local brand's spraybomb paint and Kyrlon (which is like kryptonite).