Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What should I take street racing tonight?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 9, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

A friend called and said she wants to race me out at the raceway park (they hold street races there every Friday night).

What should I take?

The Orange Blazer (454/4spd/4.10s on 35's) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Crew Cab (454/4spd/4.10s on 35s) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The Motorhome (440/727/4.56's on 7.00-17.5s) /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The $150 '78 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd I just bought (350/TH350/?) But I still owe $90 on it before I can take it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or the '72 K5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif... I'd have to share racing this one though. It's technically my motor (built 454) and my friends Blazer. It has a TH350 and 3.07 gears on 31's. It will get up and move with the 454 in it. I'm just worried about breakage.

Hmmmm... I think I'd want the last one... the '72. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The Motorhome (440/727/4.56's on 7.00-17.5s) /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Take that /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif If you don't win, you can run them over [evil smiley]

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

id take the 72 the others have a sm465 and they are not good for speed shifting /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Take the orange blazer. When you guys are done swing by my house for a beer. I only live 10 minutes west of the track.

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    The Motorhome (440/727/4.56's on 7.00-17.5s)

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I don't know what yer friend will be dirving. If those were my choices I think I would stay home /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Really though a Motorhome kickin' butt would be cool......... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. mountainexplorer

Well, we opted to take the '72 K5. Our competition was a shortbox Dodge stepside truck.

At the last minute, we all decided that we "should" do more productive things (that and we were paranoid of breaking something). She didn't want to mess up her daily driver, and my friend and I... though we wanted to go, didnt want to race a rig I "should" be swapping motors in.

So, all that excitement for nothing. I guess I'll have to tune up the motorhome for next time. And very true on what was said. Nothing I have accelerates well at all, especially with the slow shifting SM465's.

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

[ QUOTE ]
    What should I take street racing tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bail money.........

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    id take the 72 the others have a sm465 and they are not good for speed shifting /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i beg to differ.. if you drive a 465 all the time you learn how to bang through the gears fairly quickly
    Grant

10. Seventy4Blazer

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i beg to differ.. if you drive a 465 all the time you learn how to bang through the gears fairly quickly
    Grant

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Ol' Spicky went through em pretty quit demonstrating the effectiveness of his 496 last time I met up with him....

12. mountainexplorer

I can go through the gears pretty quick. Though the orange Blazer SM465 doesnt like to at all, and it pops out of 3rd when under a big load. Someday, I'll make something that accelerates decent.

What would bail money be needed for? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Grant

[/ QUOTE ]
    my blazer is my daily shifter and has the sm465 in it and yes i can shift it fast if i want to but sometimes you miss a gear or its hard to get into a gear once in a while so for drag racing i wouldn't use one /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

14. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Grant

[/ QUOTE ]

AGREED!!! But the NV4500 is just a bit smoother!

15. Seventy4Blazer

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Grant

[/ QUOTE ]

AGREED!!! But the NV4500 is just a bit smoother!

[/ QUOTE ]
    true.