Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What shouldest I do?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PhoenixZorn, Mar 15, 2006.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

So, there is a guy in the Classified Section who lives about 45 minutes from me and has an 88 and 89 Blazer/Jimmy... both trucks run, both have bad bodies (one worse than the other) and one of them isn't driveable due to a steering column issue. Knowing my track record, would you guys suggest I put the $300.00 he's asking on the table and walk away with 2 sets of parts to rebuild my 86 - or should I walk away from the table and look for something with a great body that doesn't run?

2. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Theres only one thing better than having a Blazer, and that's having another Blazer. Go for it. :D

3. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Buy, Buy, Buy!

4. PhoenixZorn

Indeed bro, but the place I am storing my Chassis will definitely not allow me to keep 2 more trucks there just to swap parts... I'll have to get 3 storage sheds (at $30.00 a month each) to store all three and have room left for tools and the spare motor and t-case I have in my garage right now. Well, the trucks haven't sold for a year... I suppose they can wait a couple weeks to see how my finances turn out this year.

5. PhoenixZorn

Then again... PAD... I might just go for it as soon as I have the cash... PAD....

6. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Oooh, that's what I call a sticky situation. Storage sheds are a blessing and a curse all at once. My dad has a BRAND NEW '02 Tahoe (000245 miles) in a storage container. Bought it right before he went overseas. On day hes finally gonna open it up and it's gonna be all Back to the Future looking in there.

Any way you could get them running and registered, and just park 'em somewhere untill you need a part off of them?

7. PhoenixZorn

I suppose that is an option, but again, I'd have to find a place for them...

8. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I wish there was a place around here to store a vehicle fo 30 bucks a month. 150 is the cheapest I have found.