Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What size 8 lug wheel do I need?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudstud, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

I'm looking into a 14 bolt but will still run a 44 in front but I'm not sure which 8 lug wheels I'll need. Should I get 15" wheels with 4.5" backspacing or 3.25"-3.5" backspacing? Or do 14 bolts require 16" wheels? I wanna go with 10" wide wheels but am thinking the 4.5" bs on the front might introduce rubbage on turns. What should I go with?

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>The standard is 4 1/8". This will fit just fine over the 14 bolt (most of the drum isnt actually inside the wheel), and will fit over the front calipers with grinding. I don't like 3 1/2" or less because it puts excesive stress on the wheelbearings and balljoints, and it also increases turning radius. I run 4 1/8" and the only place the tires hit was the fenders which was easily fixed

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I don't like the idea of grinding away much of the caliper. I went w/ 3.5" BS and that requires alot less grinding than 4+". I have 15x10 eatons which are very strong...also the only ones I could find in black...their new standard BS is 3.75" which should work almost as well. My tires stick out a bit from the fenders but not too much.