Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What size bushings for Furd 57's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SCOOBYDANNN, May 12, 2006.

1. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

too tired to pull springs---does anyone know what size bushings go in the Furd 57's and where is a good place to get them?

Thanks

Dan

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  2. SCOOBYDANNN

anyone are they just 1.75 inside dia of the eye?--they looked a little bigger to me?????

3. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

You know I asked the same question a few months ago and didnt really get a response. When I talked to ord about they didnt have any greasable bushings available for them. I was standing there for about 20 minutes with a tape measure in one hand and the phone in the other hand. After searching some parts stores all I could find was rubber bushings for them. I ultimately went to 4 wheel parts, which carried some polys that came from energy suspension, sorry dont know the parts number or I would give it to you. Anyways, got the polys, cut some grooves in them, drilled a hole in the metal sleeve, and contacted ord about the bolts. A few weeks later I had my greasable bushings in the 57's. By the way all energy sells is a complete bushing set which comes with the shackle to frame bushing as well. And to add to this, I do believe that they might be a metric size bushing, I wasnt coming up with a number that seemed to make sense at anyone from ord that would be a standard size. Good luck, keep me posted.

4. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Also the bolts sizes, if you want to know are 9/16 and 1/2. When I ordered the bolts from ord they had to get them from energy and it took a little while because its not an item that they normally stock. Which were the 9/16's bolts I believe.

5. SCOOBYDANNN

Cool, i will give them a call--thanks for the heads up---i had a feeling it would be difficult.

6. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I used non greasable's from Energy on my Ford 57"ers. I went to the Energy website and looked up the truck I took the springs off of. I don't remember the P/N, but I remember there were two different styles, whether your original rubber ones were sleeved or not,I think. It was relatively straightforward when I looked for them on the Energy Suspension site.