Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What size exhaust for a Ramjet 502?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevblazk5, May 8, 2003.

1. chevblazk5

chevblazk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I already did the search, but I couldn't find an answer to this. So, what size pipes should I go with? I drove the truck down to a shop right around the block from me and the guy told me that I should go with a dual 3” pipes. I am running Hooker headers and most likely I'll have Flowmaster 40 series mufflers.

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I would go 3in.
    How where are your exits gonna be? are you gonna run a cross over? do you want it quite normal or some where in between?

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Keep us posted on how this thing works, that has got to be a dream engine for more than one of the rest of us.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

What size exhaust for a Ramjet 502?

Who cares?! Fire that thing up and let us all enjoy it!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Sheesh, like a 502 ramjet needs pipes? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I would go with 3" but I don't know what there horsepower rating is for that motor. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

I have 2 1/2" on the 454 in my truck. I would go with 3" tubing and the flowmaster's, make sure the shop make's the bend radius's smooth, and clean, no kink's, or restriction's. An You'll be big... in. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

I'd go dual 3". Just my opinion on the mufflers though, I'd go for the three chamber flowmasters (I believe the call them 50 series). Thats what I have and I really like them. They sound great at idle and will really scream, but without the ear splitting blare of the 40's. My buddy has some 40's on his 383 and dang that thing is loud.

7. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

The little booklet that came with my ZZ502 said dual 3" with a crossover. And 2" primarys on the headers.

That said, I am running 2" primarys (hooker supercomp) 3" duals with a crossover and 40 series delta flow flowmasters.

It is loud. In hindsight I wish I had gone 50 series, but it is cool.

John

8. chevblazk5

chevblazk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    dual 3" with a crossover. And 2" primarys on the headers.

[/ QUOTE ]
    This is what I am going with. Pipes wil exist behind rear tires. Of course, if anybody has a better idea please let me know.