Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What Size K&N?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86K5inMN, Aug 16, 2000.

1. 86K5inMN

86K5inMN Registered Member

I want to order an open element, 4-6" K&N Air Cleaner. I'm not sure what size or specs I need. Jeg's has 4 different styles depending on individual needs. I am fairly car saavy but I'm not sure which will fit. I know I probably need a drop base and most likely one that is offset for HEI. Just hoping someone out there had already figured this out. Thanks for the help!! Hope I can contribute more once I learn more about my K5!!

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I'm running the stock replacement K&N and the stock air cleaner. All I did was turn the air cleaner cover upside down to make it breathe better. Works great. Noticed a definate improvement. Specially when towing, over the paper kind. Also have headders, TBI spacer,flowmaster,fast chip & MSD, The K&N toped everything off.

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Should be able to run an 14inch. Should be able to run 6inch filter with drop down base.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I checked with K&N on this and told them I had a 350 w/750cfm Edle. Q-Jet and wanted to run a 14" round. I asked them what size to run 3", 4",5", 6". They said that anything abouve 4" really wouldn't do much more for the airflow. They said the carb wouldn't beable to take in any more air than what the 4" can provide so that is what I got.
    Now the 5" or 6" if you have the room and you like that super high looking air filter still can be used, but at that point it's all for looks and not function!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com