Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what size lift do I have?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lason, Jun 8, 2004.

1. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

OK so now some guys on another board (also members her I believe) got me thinking that I may be wrong in saying that my rig has a 8" lift. That is what the previous owner said it had and I just went by it. Anyway I measured from the body line to the hub and got right at 34" front and back. Could someone else with a stock body and 8" or even a 6" lift measure theirs and see what they get? BTW, here is a pic of it sitting on the worn out 38.5" TSL's.
    [​IMG]

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd say you are more like 6" of lift. I just went and measured mine for you, from body line to center of the hub is about 32 3/4". Thats 4" BDS springs, and a Dana 60 so about 5" of lift.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I say they may be 8" springs in the front but you are sagging horribly in the rear.

4. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

Its not sagging. That is why I got a measurment of 34" front AND back. The truck is on my sloped driveway so it just seems that way. Im going to try to take a pic of it in the street to see if it looks a little more level.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I couldn't get the rear measurement for ya, don't have a rear axle under it right now.

6. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I couldn't get the rear measurement for ya, don't have a rear axle under it right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate you taking that measurment though. Im thinking 6" myseld but o'well it really doesnt matter I suppose as I plan on switching over to a set of 6" Tuff Country Springs front and rear and ditch the rear blocks. BTW, kinda off topic, but while looking at springs I see they offer a 52" and a 56" rear spring. If I switch to the 56" I will have to move the rear spring perch back right? Also will I get better flex with the 56" as compared to the 52"? I say this because I was planning on doing a 56" out back and a 52" up front and thus increasing my wheelbase for better approach and departure angle and also increasing my flex. Does this sound about right?

7. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

looks like 6" to me

8. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I just read an article in Petersen's 4wheel and offroad or Four Wheeler about this very thing, and on a blazer no less. They put the longer springs on the front. It was an interesting article.

9. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

[/ QUOTE ]
    I plan on switching over to a set of 6" Tuff Country Springs front and rear and ditch the rear blocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it has blocks then just measure the blocks, then you'll know if its 6 or 8

10. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Did you measure from the body line that is right above the door lock and runs the lenght of the blazer?

If so, here's what I got:

38 1/2 rear, 38 front - 9" lift using 6" springs up front and a 4" block and add-a-leaf in the rear and 3" body lift.

Does it have factory rear springs? If so it is probably only a 6" lift, like someone mentioned earlier you could measure the block.

11. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

Yup, thanks for the info guys! Im now believing it is really a 6" lift. Now what about the spring question above?