Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What size lift springs are these?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Mar 7, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I have 3 pairs of front leaf springs. The one pair I know for sure are 6" lift. A second pair was also supposed to be 6", but they sit an inch taller without weight on them. I figure they'd sag the extra inch. Then the third pair sits 2 inches taller than the first (again without weight). Pictures are at http://community.webshots.com/user/aalundberg under the parts and misc. stuff album. Can anyone tell if the tallest ones are 8" lift springs?

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

If you know that one pair are 6" springs, I'd measure from the center of the spring to the floor (place them the same way you have in the pic) and compare that measurement to the measurements you get from the others.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

The only way to know is to calculate the spring rate (I don't know the formula off hand but Greg72 might be able to help you out w/ his excell file?) and to devide the weigh of the front of the truck w/ it. ie. (weight of truck)/(spring rate). You could guess on the weight of the truck and figure out the lift compaired to the known 6" set.