Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What size lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by no1uknow, Nov 27, 2004.

1. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You have to sign out to make the links to the pics so everyone can see them.

James

3. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Can't tell ya a whole lot, but it's understandable why the ride is rough.

The springs, can't really tell, but are the ends squared off? The leaves, they are pretty thick also, don't really lend themselves to smooth ride. Also, don't see any teflon pads on the springs; those will help out alot. Also look at the spring clamps, once those springs get compressed just a tad, they'll be riding against those spring clamps and that will limit your spring movement. Good springs will have a clamp that is a long l_l with a bolt through the top. The BDS 6" rear spring sitting in my living room right (forgive me, I am redneck, but I have a full garage and have a new dryer coming on Monday that has to traverse that full garage) has a spring clamp that has the bolt at least 1/2" above the spring. These springs have a real good rep for smooth riding.

As for the shocks, can't tell make or anything other than they suck. If ya want to make your rig more pimp'in for the desert, start shopping. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

By the way, does triple steering stabilizers really help that much? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

looks like a 4incher to me

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

4" lift, brand unknown. Get rid of the double shock setup and the triple stabalizer.