Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What size of tires to go with two inch lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by odoa3, Apr 13, 2004.

1. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I am trying to figure out if I can fit 35x12.5's on a 75 Blazer with two inches of lift. There are 265/70/15 on it right now and it looks like I have lots of room. I am not above whipping out the /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif What do you think?
    Thanks for the help.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

it all depends on how much /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif you want to do. i run 40's on my 77 blazer with a 2.5in lift /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Mudhog,
    I checked out your pic's and I didn't see any pic's of your K5 on the 40's. Can you post a pic so I can see how much you trimmed? Thanks

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Depending on the rim your going to run, they will fit with minor trimming. 33's would be the "norm" for 2", but I plan on 35's with my 89. 2" lift. I am also going to run 8" wide rims vs 10". This will help keep the tire under the truck. The only trimming I should have to do, Is on the lower edges of the front fenders, to give the tire room to turn. Hardly noticeable to the untrained eye!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    If you run them on a 10" rim, it actually moves the tire out more, Which makes the front turning radius wider. More fender trimming might be needed.

5. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

With enough /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif anything is possible.

I'm actually thinking of dropping my truck down from 4" to 2.5" and going with Tuff Country springs because these Rough Countries are stiff as hell and its a little too tall for what I use it for (hauling and towing stuff) plus its just a daily driver and I am planning on buying another truck to beat the trails with.