Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what size rims for...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Jul 6, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

39.5x15x15 TSLs? I know... on the Interco site it says to use 15x10" rims.... but those recommendations arent set in stone! Would there be any benefits from running 15x8s or 15x12s? problems associated with other sizes? 15x8s are a little cheaper... and would prolly fit inside wheel wells a little better under max flex... but are there any negative aspects to running a rim that narrow with a tire that fat? I'm not so much worried about cost... just want it to perform offroad...

if it matters, I am getting Eaton HD wheels from national tire and wheel for my 39.5s... just figured I'd ask around b4 I place my order. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Hmmm........I run the 15x8's with my 33's...I could run the 15x10's, but I like havin alittle more sidewall stickin out to protect the rims from rocks and stuff. I'm gonna stick with the 15x8's unless I get crazy and go to some 44's or somethin...I'd still run the 15x8's with the tires you mentioned. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I would use the 10" rims. if you use to narrow a rim, pulling the side walls in to far. it is harder to air them down and get a good contact pattern. 39.5x15x15. the middle 15" means the width of tire middle. so a 10" rim isn't going to stick out. neither would a 12" but interco knows what rim would be best.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

okkie dokkie, guess I'll go with the Interco recommended 15x10. Can't wait so try out them big TSLs on Eatons. Beefy combo! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

J