Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what size tires can i fit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigoltrux77, Aug 23, 2002.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

i just got another blazer. It has 10 bolt fron and 12 bolt rear. I want it to be my daily driver. It has a 4" lift with 33's. What is the biggest tire i can fit on it? And what is the best tire for me to get? Im looking at 38x11.15 boggers, 37x13.15 boggers, and simialr TSL's and SSR's? What is the best? I dont care aboout street noise. I goto school and back and a little offroading, nothing big. Just like fields. When i say daily driver, i dont mean like alot. I want a truck that is big, and can go anywhere, especially offroad. Im in it for the look right now ( not enough money to go all out) what are your inputs? Do i need radials? anyone have bias on the street?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You can fit 38s if you trim like crazy, but they're a little much for the 10 and 12 bolts, especially in stock form. Why do you want boggers if you're mostly on the street? I'd go with a 36x12.5 Swamper Radial if you have to have something really aggressive. </font color>

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have 38x13x16in tsl swampers with 2.5in lift but i also trimed a lot lol /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

try a search on each tire.. I would go with SSR's..

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> What, the link to the pics in his sig isn't easy enough for ya? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif </font color>

7. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    If it is your DD,then I'd go with a nice 35" BFG M/T or GoodYear MT/R.....In no way woud I suggest a set of Boggers.You might not mind the noise,but the tread life and handling you might.Besides the cost of Boggers vs. BFG/GoodYears would be a factor to consider.35's would be the largest you might be able to run....and they still might rub unless you are leaning towards cutting.Mike

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I've got a 4" lift and 38" TSLs, but it took a tube front and a load of cutting to make it happen. When I had my 36" TSL-R's, I managed to get by just cutting the front fenders massively and opening up the rear a little. You can see the 36's in the amarillo folder on my webshots. You can see the 38s in the jeep folder. Good luck whatever you decide to do.