Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What size tires should I upgrade to??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big pappa b, Jun 4, 2004.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

The tires in the pic are BFG Mud TA's 35x12.5x15. As you can see, there is a lot of room and I really need to install a 2" body lift to make room for the big block valve cover to clear the brake booster. The BFG's are 35" (true measurement) Thought about 38" TSL's but they are actually only 37"..not much good. Thinking about 39.5 IROK's and I'm pretty sure I can fit them. Just want to get some opinions.
    On the rear. those are the stock springs but will be adding some 57's next week. Might get another 1" or so since 2 leaves on the driver side are broke in half right now.

Thanks

Bryan

[​IMG]

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you add the body lift you'll probably want to go bigger than 39.5. As it sits right now I think some 39.5s would be sweet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. big pappa b

That was actually what I've bben thinking. I almost ordered them yesterday. It's almost an even trade since I have those 35's sold along with a set of wheels for the same price I can get the 39.5's for

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Go for it, just get the TSLs instead of IROKs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

39.5 Iroks are great tires, a friend of mine uses them in the rocks a lot, they bite really well. Im sure you'll love them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. big pappa b

Might do that> I see that the 39.5 tsl have 6/32" more tread depth than the Iroks too plus not much in the way of rocks around here. I will be moving most likely around the first of the year. Right now it looks like either Illinois or Nevada. Should be finding out soon I hope. IROKs better for Nevada and TSL prob better for Illinois area (home)

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Radials Bias Anywhere from 38's to 40's should look pretty good on it.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Ground hawgs would suck in both areas. Not worth a squat for rocks and worthless in reverse, (for mud) so that idea is out. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Ground hawgs would suck in both areas. Not worth a squat for rocks and worthless in reverse, (for mud) so that idea is out. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Have you ever tried Ground Hawgs ??? I've had them on more the one truck. Did just fine in the rocks, and I love them in the mud. And they'll last way longer then swampers !!!!!!!!

10. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

44's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Love the camo.

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. big pappa b

[ QUOTE ]
    44's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Love the camo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just want me to be like you /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'd like to but there just not in the budget just yet. I'm working my way up there though /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Have you ever tried Ground Hawgs ??? I've had them on more the one truck. Did just fine in the rocks, and I love them in the mud. And they'll last way longer then swampers !!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have some 38.5 bias Hawgs and can't really tell a difference in forward or reverse. They go just as good or better than a TSL in the mud.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have some 38.5 bias Hawgs and can't really tell a difference in forward or reverse. They go just as good or better than a TSL in the mud.

[/ QUOTE ] That's what I'm saying. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

15. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

go with the Iroks they work awesome in the mud sand and rock /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif they are also quieter and smoother riding then the tsl's i had 38in tsl's and now have the 39.5 Iroks and i like the Iroks way better /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ] What ??? Don't belive the people who run Ground Hawgs ???

18. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Why do the IROKs have 6/32's less tread?? I have TSL's now. Whats the deal? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

19. big pappa b

Dont know...that's just the way they make them /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Wonder how well the IROKs will wear with street usage.