Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What song goes....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by heavy4x4, Jan 22, 2004.

1. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

"I can dig it, she can dig it, he can dig it, we can dig it, they can dig it...etc."

And that part goes really fast.

I've been wrecking my brain over what song that is, and it's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't come up with it. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Sounds like that hip hop song......

I thought it was called "Tootsie Roll"???

3. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I found this...

"The Friends Of Distinction - Grazin'
    I first stumbled on Friends through the 1988 soundtrack to "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka," and the song Grazing In The Grass. I fell in love with it's sound and the groovy lyrics, 'I can dig it, she can dig it, they can dig it, oh lets dig it, can you dig it baby?' Yes indeed, we can dig it. The Friends are four polished vocalists; Floyd Butler, Harry Elston, Jessica Cleaves and Barbara Love and they have a 60's pop/soul sound that is hip and unique. Standouts tracks include Grazing In The Grass, Eli's Comin, I Really Hope You Do and (A) Sweet Thing like You. Groovy Grazin' Soul.
    Record Rating: E, Format: LP, Year: 1969, Pressing: USA, Serial No: LSP-4149, Label: RCA / Victor"

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I found this...

"The Friends Of Distinction - Grazin'
    I first stumbled on Friends through the 1988 soundtrack to "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka," and the song Grazing In The Grass. I fell in love with it's sound and the groovy lyrics, 'I can dig it, she can dig it, they can dig it, oh lets dig it, can you dig it baby?' Yes indeed, we can dig it. The Friends are four polished vocalists; Floyd Butler, Harry Elston, Jessica Cleaves and Barbara Love and they have a 60's pop/soul sound that is hip and unique. Standouts tracks include Grazing In The Grass, Eli's Comin, I Really Hope You Do and (A) Sweet Thing like You. Groovy Grazin' Soul.
    Record Rating: E, Format: LP, Year: 1969, Pressing: USA, Serial No: LSP-4149, Label: RCA / Victor"

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

OK, I'm impressed......

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    "I can dig it, she can dig it, he can dig it, we can dig it, they can dig it...etc."

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the song my crew sings while they're working..... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Grazin in the grass is a gas....
    Grazin in the grass is a gas.....

The follow-on instrumental version was well known /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Awesome, thanks all for the possibilities. I'm downloading "Grazing in the Grass," and when I get it I'll let you know if it was/wasn't the song I'm thinking about. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Well, I got the song and it sure sounds like the one I'm thinking of...kinda hard to tell though because the version I got is an instrumental.
    Thanks again!