Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What sould i Look for and check?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Green71, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Green71

Green71 Registered Member

I found a 1990 K5 Blazer near me and im thinkin about buyin it. its a florida truck and has no rust. saw a pic and it looks good. its on 35 swampers with a 4in sus. and 3in body. i was just wonderin what i should be lookin for b4 i buy it. has 110k miles on it. The guy wants 7500 for it. i ve been concentrating on my 71, but i need a daily driver that gets better than 7 mpg!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif i want my 71 as my PROJECT/MONEYPIT vehicle, because its always under constuction! I need to be able to get to work . I figure that the fuel injected k5s get decent gas milage. Also i think they look pretty sharp with that grille cange to the side by side headlight configuration. thank you all for your advice. its all greatly appriciated.

If you're not livin life on the Edge, you're takin up TOO MUCH ROOM!

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

See what engine it has and gears. If its the 305 and has high gears the 700r4 might not live very long and the mileage most likely wont be that great either. the price also sounds high to me. You can get Blazers along those lines for around $5000 here. Good luck with it.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

With that kind of work, and those tires, doesn't sound like much of a daily driver to me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(and yes, I know some of you do daily drive your rigs, I'll take a stock truck for a daily driver any day thanks)