Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What spindels interchange with what axels??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Dec 6, 2001.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Do you folks think the spindels off of the 10 bolt I had on my 85 blazer would interchange with the 3/4 ton D44 I am putting in it? The D44 is the later style D44. I dont want to tear apart the 10 bolt incase I dont get this done before it snows and I wouldnt have a way up my driveway.

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

as long as you are 76 or newer, all the spindles are the same. there are 2 designs. the 75- older have a smaller inner wheel bearing. all the later used the larger design. the backing plates, stub axels, knuckles, and mounting parts are all the same d44 to 10 bolt.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I am not sure about the 10 bolt parts, but I just looked up part numbers for 77-80 Dana 44 and they list the same part for K5, K10 and K20. So, if you need another set of spindles, I may have some for a 1/2 ton. I'll look for them. If one of the spindles was bad on the 8 lug stuff I sold you, let me know and I'll get you a replacement. Did you still want the steering arm? If so I could mail them together. Again, let me check my stockpile and get back to you.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Re: What spindles interchange with what axels??

Neil, that is great! I appreciate the offer! Both of the spindles were pitted beyond repair. I cant imagine how they go so bad.. The bearings were rusted to the hubs...I think Zack parked the truck in a lake and forgot about it for a couple of years or so. Email me your address again I have chaged ISP a couple of times and @home filed bankruptcy so I have lost old emails. $45 bucks right? Ill ship out a check as soon as you email me. I need those U bolts too I think...
    Brent

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Re: What spindles interchange with what axels??

I will be out of town for the next two weeks, so It may be better to have you send a check to where I will be staying. I will get things rounded up tonight and make sure I have the spindles. Email your shipping address and I'll respond with mine. Like I said, I think I have a set of spindles, just need to find them. I still have not picked up my extra set of u-bolts yet. I will get them as well, but it may be longer for them. Let me check and get back to you. My email is npickett@toast.net

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>