Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What style lug nuts for Eagle 589s?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by djohnsn, Apr 9, 2001.

1. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

I am getting ready to install my new wheels (Eagle 589s) and need to know what style lug nuts to purchase. All other aluminum wheels that I have used require lug nuts with washers, but these wheels look like they use standard acorn style lug nuts because of the tapered seat area for the lug nuts. The place that I purchased the wheels was not sure what I should use! Can someone help?

DJ
    78 K5

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I just put a set on mine\, and they sold me regular old conical seat acorns, one thing that i didn't think about but i did see in a mag this weekend, you might want to put a little anti-seize on the seat, not the threads, so they dont stick themselves to the aluminum wheel, Very important, don't get it on the studs, you wnat them to be clean and dry, my dad almost lost a wheel by making the "lube the lug nuts" mistake.

RaisedK5

"Friends don't let friends drive Fords"

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Here's what was sent with my Eagle 589's ....... it should be what you're looking for.

[​IMG]

L8r,
    . Riz . <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</A>

[​IMG]

4. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help.

DJ
    78 K5