Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What sub and amp?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Triaged, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Ok...
    WIth help from you guys I have desided to put (1) 10" sub in the back of my ext. cab s-10. I desided on a 10" because it would be cheeper then (2) 8's and will take up a bit less room.

So far I am looking at a US Acustics amp run bridged so it will put out 150wrms
    and a Cerwin-Vega sub in a home made box.

I want to keep it cheep and still have good SQ (I do not want it boomy). Are these good choices? I have heard from people that Cerwin-Vega is a good brand that has been around for a while...what do you think of them?
    I know alot of people like the JL audio 10W0 subs...how would you compair the cerwin-vega to it? They are both about the same $$$

On building the box is there any particular way I want the sub to face? I was thinking of puting it in the middle of the ext. cab and facing it forward aiming about 10deg. up. Does that sound right or should I point it another way?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've never had a Cerwin Vega car sub. I have had Cerwin Vega home speakers, and will say they are awsum !!!!!! I would put the sub behind the drivers seat faceing the right hand side of the vichile.

3. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

From the ones Ive heard I think the cerwins are my boomy than musical in car applications ( also have some for the house there alright ) the JLs have good sq but I think youll get more out put from a Imagedynamics IDQ 10. there good SQ and have good xmax for when you want to crank it up.

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I've thought about Image Dynamics...
    Is there anything else that doesn't sound boomy for under $100?

Maybe I should take a drive down to Image Dynamics. They are just a short drive away and might have some "referb's" for cheep.

It's startting to look more and more like I'm going to have to spend some big $$$ to get this sounding good.

5. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

for under 100 hmmmm well even though Im not into rockford fosgate I have a friend with two rf 10s in his ranger and they are quite impressive. If you do drive down to ID see if they got some 10s for cheap perferibly ver.2...I want to change my 2 12s over to 3 10s.